Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Honda strikes a fresh Accord with styling and spec upgrades

Honda strikes a fresh Accord with styling and spec upgrades for its medium sedan

By NEIL McDONALD 2 June 2006 goauto.com.au
    HONDA has given both its four-cylinder Accord Euro and the larger Accord V6 some modest styling and equipment upgrades.

Headlining the changes is a completely redesigned rear-end for the big sedan, plus the inclusion of satellite-navigation as standard on the V6 Luxury.

Honda Australia senior director, Lindsay Smalley, said the added features and specification upgrades were designed to "add up to an even more enticing, affordable and luxurious motoring package".

Power in the four-cylinder Accord Euro VTi has gone up from 118kW to 125kW, while the car also receives a drive-by-wire throttle, a black interior with metal-look console, LED tail-lights, an LED high-mounted stoplight and an exhaust pipe finisher - as well as new alloys and a new gear lever.

Both the V6 and V6 Luxury add a vehicle stability assist (VSA) program to their equipment lists.

Pricing remains the same for both the VTi and V6 at $29,900 and $36,990 respectively, while the V6 L pricetag rises by $1250 to $44,990.

What are your thoughts on the facelifted Accord? I'm yet to be convinced of the new rear end - I'll reserve final judgement until I see one in the metal at a dealership, which (from what I have read) might be available for viewing as early as this weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    I saw the facelifted accord on the ad of honda australia, I reckon it looks similar to the US accord, which is good...way better..

I love it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Standard sat nav on the lux model is a good move.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CK2
    seems like a mix of a Mercedes, a Mitsubishi Verada and an 06 Civic .. dun you think?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vtec_jet
    seems like a mix of a Mercedes, a Mitsubishi Verada and an 06 Civic .. dun you think?
    rear is very mercedes

drive by wire will be interesting..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I guess this proves that the Thai factory is capable of installing VSA into cars? Now all we wonder is... why can't we get VSA in the other Hondas when they are standard around the world.

Btw I also agree that the tail looks like a Mercedes E-class, the sides look like the new Civic sedan, but haven't seen the front.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine
    What are your thoughts on the facelifted Accord? I'm yet to be convinced of the new rear end - I'll reserve final judgement until I see one in the metal at a dealership, which (from what I have read) might be available for viewing as early as this weekend.
    i think the lines of the rear don't really match the rest of the car.... yet i think it will grow on me. i really like the LED tail lights too

the cars have been in most melb dealers since mid last week mate
    we've sold about 5 already i think
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Its still quite meh. I dont see why you'd buy one of these over the Euro? Its much uglier, plus even the V6 engine isnt much more powerful. Not to mention its still FWD.

Euro for me definetly.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe
    I guess this proves that the Thai factory is capable of installing VSA into cars? Now all we wonder is... why can't we get VSA in the other Hondas when they are standard around the world.
    It's the cost. After a few years when the Civic gets older and the competition catches up, then Honda will include VSA into it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    God help Honda. No more integras, No more good looking accords, no more nsx. HELP HELP HELP
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)

Member Array
    Car:
    EK DC5 E36 E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine

Power in the four-cylinder Accord Euro VTi has gone up from 118kW to 125kW, while the car also receives a drive-by-wire throttle, a black interior with metal-look console, LED tail-lights, an LED high-mounted stoplight and an exhaust pipe finisher - as well as new alloys and a new gear lever.
    I always thought the EURO was powered by a 140kW Engine....WTF?