Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    How much does it cost to race all day?
    I did Calder Park just befor Easter with some friend's, no lap times recorded.

For sprints, they vary from $120 - $250 depending on which club organises the track days. Obviously you must have a valid club membership and CAMS license.

I have a feeling this has been covered many times, you should search before asking.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Clubs are expensive and not many laps. Private rented track days are much better. Like when EXE Rented out Winton in March this year, We pay'd 120ish for track, 45 for license and 15 for timmer. End if the day I managed 47 laps I think. That is heaps! And we left at 3pm when it was on till 5pm. hehe
    If Silas and EXE Crew host another track day in the near future and your interested in tracking, then make sure you go for it cos its the best value for money in track days.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Thank's for that DC5TYPER. I belive Winton have a family-day comming up soon $20! some friends from work are going not sure thay'll get much track time. Last year heaps of people rocked up.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    HSCCV (Honda Sports Car Club of Victoria) will have an Event on at Winton in November. Check out there website for info. Lots of Honda's hopefully and should be a good day to drive on Winton and get some decent laps.

Ive only been once and if i remember correctly my best time was 1:30-1:31??

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by weezer
    Ive only been once and if i remember correctly my best time was 1:30-1:31??
    What car and mods? Thats a quick time.

Quote Originally Posted by DC5TYPER
    What car and mods? Thats a quick time.
    its just a del sol with a B18

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5
    How did you go, mate??

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Crap. Major oversteer issues. Spun 4 times. One time at 130km/hr under brakes into dandy corner. Spun out along the wall. Was very lucky just to scrap the front bar on the wall. End of the day was very disappointed in the cars balanced. Rear tyres were still cold after 4 laps which is all u got. Could not push the car hard at all otherwise I got sliding and spinning. Back had very little grip the whole day and only managed to get a 1:34.7 which was very shit, the car has so much more in it but the rear was all over the road while corning and braking. Mid corner speeds and 80% braking was all I could only use other wise the car would spin or slide. It was terrible. Once I fix the alignment and get the rear tyres to warm up better then the car could manage 1:30s easily.

BTW- Tyres were RE55S Semi-slicks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Faark, do you mean you only got to do 4 lap sprints at a time! Towards the end of the year i'm going to Calder Park i'll call you.

what suspension are you running? I found that my civic oversteers way too much. I started to soften up the rear and that helped it significantly.

Also if you arent getting enough temp in your rear tyres, try putting a bit more air in.