Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

11.2 Air/ Fuel ratio, too rich ???

hey there

did a air fuel run in my car.. and got 11.2 after 4000rpm, and finish at 12 at redline.. is this too rich ?

Member Array
    I think that might be a lil rich. I don't think I've ever gotten that rich even with out my turbo. We do run different up at this alt. so down there I can't be 100%. Also I set most of my cars up to run for races, even the daily driver!

14.7:1 is stoic just for those who don't know/remember!

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Jase EK.. what setup are you running??? that is way too rich for NA and rich to ok on turbo depending on setup...

***EDIT***
    Slow96GSR, yeah thats true that 14.7 is stoich/ideal but there is no way in hell i would run that with a CR of 11:1 which i'm sure Type Rs have.... maybe if i had a DECENT rising rate fuel pressure regulator. i had 14.3:1 on mine once below 4000rpm and pinged with 95oct RON... but then again the SR20de CC isn't anywhere near as detonaion resistant as and vtec head....
    Last edited by dsp26; 04-06-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase EK
    hey there

did a air fuel run in my car.. and got 11.2 after 4000rpm, and finish at 12 at redline.. is this too rich ?
    are you running less than 15 psi of boost? if yes, yes, that's way too rich

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    14.7:1 is stoic just for those who don't know/remember!
    stoich is great for cruising, but under full throttle, it's really not ideal for n/a or fi

its NA.. i changed intake manifold, and fuel pump so far, back then when it was stock, it was still little rich. Im most likely installin fuel reg and adjust less pressure..? untill i get ecu i'l get it tuned up..

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    fuel pump bigger than stock?? that will have raised your fuel pressure... get an AFPR or a fuel pressure gauge tapped in at least.. i betcha any money your above stock psi....

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26
    ...there is no way in hell i would run that with a CR of 11:1 which i'm sure Type Rs have....
    IDK about there but all the CTR/ITR's here have a 10.5:1 CR. We will be there to collect you motors if they do have a 11.1:1 CR!! Start pulling! LOL!

Here is the EDIT part. Thought some info on AFR's would be helpful!!

General one:

http://www.ite.edu.sg/~brweb/AT/air_fuel.html

Honda made:

http://www.g-speed.com/pbh/afr-o2.html

Using a air/gas analizer to fix yer car:

http://www.interro.com/techgas.html

Edelbrocks Tech tips, use the links on page to nav to the others!!

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...ct/tech_1.html

Did that help? I'll post more when I have time!
    Last edited by Slow96GSR; 05-06-2006 at 07:40 AM.

its NA.. i changed intake manifold, and fuel pump so far, back then when it was stock, it was still little rich. Im most likely installin fuel reg and adjust less pressure..? untill i get ecu i'l get it tuned up..
    no ECU errors?

sounds like it is in "safe mode"

it would help if you could actually describe your setup.

slowgsr - our B18C7's are all over 11:1 CR...

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell

sounds like it is in "safe mode"
    safe mode = no way for him to get to 4000 rpm, much less redline

mmm.. here we go
    yes.. the pump is bigger than the stock one.. however, when the engine was in, the stock 1.6 cxi pump wasnt enough for the engine.. so i upgrade 2 walbro 255, im not sure about the ecu codes as of yet, atm the engine check light is always on, but im sure thats because of my IAC Valve not wired up.
    Im most likely goin to install a AFPR and gauge this week, wondering, what should the PSI be ??

So Dsp26, you think it might be the pump ?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    mmm.. here we go
    yes.. the pump is bigger than the stock one.. however, when the engine was in, the stock 1.6 cxi pump wasnt enough for the engine.. so i upgrade 2 walbro 255, im not sure about the ecu codes as of yet, atm the engine check light is always on, but im sure thats because of my IAC Valve not wired up.
    Im most likely goin to install a AFPR and gauge this week, wondering, what should the PSI be ??

So Dsp26, you think it might be the pump ?

thanks
    i'm now definate its the pump that increased your fuel pressure... i have a 2.0l and even 225 is overkill for it. I can't remember the specs but i know the Walbro 255 had a significant enough fuel pressure of its own over a factory 190. your car being a 1.6l would definately have had a significantly smaller pump....

i guarantee its the pump.... save yourself some $$$ and BORROW a fuel pressure gauge off someone.....

not sure what your psi should be, i'd resort to an FSM or ask someone on here or in your section for the VAC ON/OFF tolerance levels

when you do install an AFPR, ensure that you only fine tune it at idle on operating temp..... at idle speed, there should be a reading with the Vacuum line on and a higher reading when the vac line is unplugged.... check that both are on par with stock as i do not know.....

***EDIT***
    what do you mean the stock pump wasn't enough? was the 1.6 a covnersion?? or its a stock car stock engine? if its the latter then your pump was just on the way out and an oem replacement would have sufficed....
    Last edited by dsp26; 05-06-2006 at 06:43 PM.