Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    btw, you can get a black VAFC-II from ebay
    they are selling for US$285
    so it might end up to be around $490 when it gets in...(without tax)

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Hey Tofu have you got any other details on the Jazzs running around up in QLD?

I will be taking mine to the track when everything gets finished and would be interested to see what they are doing up there.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    the Jazz that did a 67s at QR had Varis CF hood, stock wheels with Toyo RA-1, VAFC-II and i think with Trust replacement air filter....and that was all
    i couldn't believe it myself..
    but he will be getting Mugen suspension soon i think

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    does anyone know where one can get the centre console replacement part that allows you to install aftermarket headunits and a new windscreen wiper control stick that allows you to adjust the intermediate speeds

Has anyone heard anything about bigger mags voiding warranty on the jazz. Cause one of my mates works at honda and he says that bigger mags will possibly damage the EPS and something about bending the steering rack. But supposedly it voids warranty.

thinking about doing something to the air-intake and exhaust but how load do these things get, do they make the typical tincan exhaust crackle when accelerating that hondas with VTEC do?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    The only way to get the parts you are after is if you can get someone to buy them through Honda Japan, that is, you need to know someone in Japan.

I have tried getting parts through local Honda dealers (I have the part numbers and everything) and they refuse to do it unless you have a VIN number and its an Aussie car.....

I have spoken to Honda about the whole wheel issue too and got the same story. To be honest I think its all bullsh*t about the EPS, however yes it will void your warranty for your steering/suspension.

As far as the EPS goes, I think it would depend on how heavy your rims are. If you are running 18inch chrome rims then yeah for sure you might damage it, but if you are running light-weight 15s or 16s, then there won't be a problem as the weight won't be much different to the stock wheels. Just take a look at all the Jap Jazz/Fits getting around...there are heaps running around with 16s, some with 17s and I've even seen one with 19s.

I have never heard of anyone having EPS problems - this story has only come from Honda, but then of course they will never recommend putting aftermarket/bigger rims on anyway...nor will any manufacturer.

If something does happen, put your stock rims back on and take it to the dealer to get fixed....easy!

Intake is a good mod...I love the A'pexi job and at $250 it is pretty good value. It's not heaps loud, but it still sounds pretty awesome when vtec kicks in. Exhaust wise, you can make it as loud or as quiet as you want and different mufflers will give different results. Being a LEV and not a performance based vtec engine don't expect it to sound all tinny like some other DOHC vtec engines, but then it all comes down to your muffler!

Let me know if you need any help with anything else....

J

Hi Guys,

Just wanna add something...

Funny my friend in Japan just said Mugen's next model will come with 17inch rims... So I suppose 17inch is still in the 'safe area'.

Actually mine use 17inch now, and as far as EPS concerns, no damage or whatsoever so far.

P.S: Has anyone of you know where to get a plug leads and performance sparks for Honda Jazz?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I can't see the next model coming with 17s...it's a big step up from 14s, and even now Mugen is only making 15s for the Jazz?! The Dynamite runs 17s, but its also got the K20A too....anything could happen I guess

Don't think you will be able to get plug leads (I have never seen any) as the ignition uses coilpacks mounted above the spark plugs so you would need to change the entire ignition system I think.

"Performance" sparks won't do jack. If you are running a turbo or a worked NA setup then you would go for a colder spark, but otherwise it's not worth the hassle. If you must, I believe Spoon do some but I think they are essentially a NGK item running a few degrees colder or something.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    hey,

you can add me to the list of jazz owners
    ive got a vti-s manual
    neat little car

i have been thinking about modifying it for ages but have had no idea where to start until i read these forums and also the fact of warranty

so i'll keep planning until the warranty runs out (i really need it):? :x

however its great to here that there are guys and girls finally turning the jazz into some real pocket rockets

cheers pete

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Excellent...another recruit!

Man don't worry about warranty...just make sure the stuff you get is bolt-on, that way, on the odd chance that something happens, you simply put the original part back on and take it to the stealer!

Too easy!

If you want a bolt-on exhaust for your car, I have a Buddy Club system going cheap. It's all stainless steel and everything and got it shipped in from Japan. Let me know if you're interested...it's going REAL cheap! (It only has about 100kms use too)

For other bits and pieces, Tanghy is your man. I got some Spoon strut braces through him - doubt whether they would void your warranty but they are easy enough to remove in any event!

There are plenty of little things you can do without much hassle, so PM Tanghy to get prices, or let me know what sort of parts you are thinking of as I have researched and looked in to pretty much everything for the Jazz and should be able to help out.....there is so much stuff out there it's crazy!

J

piccies everyone my sister is looking at buying a jazz possibly in the near future.... the vti, quoted around 25.... anything to look out for?
    フジタエンジニアリング

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Sounds expensive....sure it's not the VTi-S?

Or is it the VTi with Auto? Manual VTi is about $22,000 on the road no deals (that's what I paid anyway)

Progress pics of mine are coming after I meet up with Fultank tonight for a photo session...

Nothing really to watch out for at all. I have had zero problems with mine since I got it in December. They come with pretty much everything you could want/need including a pretty decent stereo.

Just make sure you speak to a few dealers as the price can vary by about $500.

Everyone here knows I love it and I'm not missing my BMW yet either. It's a top little car.

I know this is a Honda forum and all, but the Mazda 2 Genki (sp?) thing looks like a decent package too for the same sort of price as the VTi-S. Also Mitsubishi are bringing out the Colt in the next couple of months and that looks pretty funky too with its 1.5 MIVEC engine and CVT auto and the same sort of power as the Jazz. Just a few thoughts....

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    The Mazda 2 looks really funkyyy as!! but the centre bit where the handbrake etc is IS very plain IMHO!