Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 honda accord vti

>>advice on lowering/fitting 18" to my 95 accord<<

hey guys...i have resently bought a 95 honda accord vti from d auction at a very low $6500 and has cum up mint condition after a good detailed clean......now that i have just got it registered i am after a new set of wheels and lower it to legal height (gaurd to tyre)...with preferably 18" , im finken of sum sort of deepdish....simmilar to FR18's....with d upperarms sitting ryt on top of d tyre is it hard to fit 18".....will it rub.......how can dis sittuation b fixed....iv seen accords d same as myn with 18's and sum r real low...how is it that they can do dis with d upper arms in d way of all 4 wheels...

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    accords look great when lowered although anything lower than 30mm from stock height and you will find it hard to decent tyre life unless you fit an adjustable camber kit.

dont worry about clearance issues, if you get the correct offset wheels they wont foul on any of the suspension arms.

Deep dish is the sheit on an accord- congrats on the purchase and great price too.

you will find if u lower the car so the guards are level with the tyres your ground clearance will be illegal ride height, it will also be a roughride ( if u lower it without changing the stock shocks that is) and you will be forever scraping your car on driveways.
    Last edited by h22a accord; 07-06-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 honda accord vti
    ok thanks for d replies been very helpful....well i rang up d insureance people...justcars...and turns out they wont cover me for 18's...unless i get ingeneer certif $$$$$....so i guess i gotta settle for 17's....bumma huh...raz..ur links told me which springs and shocks i should get, king springs and koni yellow shocks....i hope they look good aswell as having a good ride...i hope to have my car sitting on legal limit if any one has any pics of an accord like myn wit 17's lowered would b great.. i'd also like to say i wen for my first drive in it yesterday and i was quit ammazed at its performance...for a 4 cylinder they have plenty up and go wit no struggle at all... thnx

chris

these accords are great cars. very nimble for the size. i got myself a 6th gen and i also picked it up at auction but for a reduced but not insanely cheap price. there were haeps of dealers trying to nab this car for their own sales purposes. I'm putting on 17s soon and atm, i'm currently doing a koni yellow/H&R sport install. to be completed by this sat then straight to bob jane box hill for an alignment that arvo. excited

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    Hey Chris

Koni yellows for sure, but I wouldn't get king springs - they won't be low enough for you. Not even close. They are a 30mm drop (lows), they don't make superlows.

If you want the no gap - you will need a 60mm'ish drop. I would suggest a set of coilovers.

Raz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 honda accord vti
    yer didnt wont to spend allot......coilovers r like 1600 yer.... kings can b compressed am i right.......

kings can be compressed but from everything i've read, they work like shit aftwards. You'd be better off ordering a set from US ebay - keep ur eye out for a bargain cos they do have them. I got my set for under $300 delivered which owns kings in term of quality. this was my last resort however.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_greek
    yer didnt wont to spend allot......coilovers r like 1600 yer.... kings can b compressed am i right.......
    of course - but it will ride like ass!

Have you priced out a set of springs and koni yellows?

If you are going down that route then get a different set of springs. I'm riding superlow lovells and they leave a 2 1/2 finger gap. Although if I had a set of bilstein shocks they have a few perch heights so could get lower. But bilsteins are $$$.

Raz

Member Array
    Car:
    MkV R32
    god im glad i bought my Teins when i did then

1100 for Coilovers...Probably what you would be looking at cost wise for a decent spring/shock set up...quite possibly even more

As for the ride height you see on all these low low accords...

that most likely because they have airbags...I can't believe how many accords there are around with bags...

im just rambling now...

A decent shock spring combo will set u back around $1300. Thats not including installation. But the cost of DIY installation = time, and time = money. hehe.. now i'm rambling.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 honda accord vti
    hrmmm desitions desitions.....i have looked on ebay for coilovers and there are cheap ones like u say..... but d question is r they any good...they look good but i dun wonna get dem and der sh*t....i got more news terns out vic roads allows u to mod ur rims no more den 15mm of ur overal diameter and 1inch wide...i no der prob aint any rims dat r 18" and 6.5" wide....who can suggest a good company i should insure with dat will let me have my 18's dat i so badly want....just cars told me they wont if its illegal...so dun wonna pull shit den have an accident and they dun cover me for d ferrari i have just hit...