Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    I've been looking to get an upgrade in a Honda - two options, 98-99 DC2 VTi-R, or get a last gen Prelude VTi-R. Now some of these ludes I've seen have been VTi-R ATTS. Now my query is that the 99+ ones of these have a red metalic thingy on the front grill saying ATTS but models like the '97 do not although the seller claims it to be an ATTS. How do I tell? Or are the sellers bullshitting me???

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    get the gearbox number
    And ATTS isn't necessarily a good thing

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    What would the gearbox number tell me? how do i find it? Anywho, ATTS is good isn't it? Doesn't it provide better handling?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    ATTS is an electronic diff - I perionally hated it, it was unpredictable....

The gearbox number will determine if it is an ATTS box or not. There are other ways, but this is the easiest.
    The GB number is printed on the Gearbox

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    Cool thx dude

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Could you do the DIff test on it?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Could you do the DIff test on it?
    From memory, stick it in first, turn wheel to the left or right, rev it, dump clutch/brake. You'll know soon enough if it is an ATTS - HOWEVER, most people don't know how to tell..

The lift one side up in the air trcik doesn't work with the ATTS I don't think, since it is electronically controlled

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    look for a big hunk of alluminium bolted to the rear of the block. from memory its a bitch to change the oil filter on them so that means the ATTS box Bolts on in that area. If you can see a drive shaft coming out the gearbox past the oil filter and exhust to the wheel like all other conventional FWD hondas then its not an ATTS.

ATTS is just more annoying..its just an electronic diff that tries to distribute power to the wheel that is losing traction while cornering and slow the the wheel that is spinning too quick...something like that...honestly its just more dead weight...better off with an aftermarket LSD.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_civic
    ATTS is just more annoying..its just an electronic diff that tries to distribute power to the wheel that is losing traction while cornering and slow the the wheel that is spinning too quick...something like that...honestly its just more dead weight...better off with an aftermarket LSD.
    Can you Honestly Tell me you can corner in a 97 Prelude non ATTS Model quicker than one equipped with ATTS.

yeah i heard ATTS better in the cornering...
    bit off topic...does the ATTS prelude have more power than the non ATTS prelude..its got a red rocker cover???

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    my friend's ATTS doesn't have a red rocket cover, apart from what has been discussed, im pretty sure there are some interior finsihes which are differant and also the rims!