Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    i would love to know why shebangs thinks that Hondata is better in terms of *tunability*...

i would actually love to know what *tunability* actually is too....
    How can you comment on aftermarket ECU's and not know what tuneability means? That illogical to me. (no offense). But just incase you honestly don't know what I mean, would you buy an aftermarket ECU if it only let you make 10 adjustments to Air Fuel ratio's? Or would you spend an extra $50 and get one which allowed you to make 2000 adjustments? (FYI all thats purely an example in simple terms for tinkerbell to understand)

I'm not saying the PowerFC is a better/worse ECU either, I mean, bang for buck wise, I prefer it over the s200 aswell because it's purely plug n play and also comes with the hand controller.

Matt

so you still have not explained your definition of tunability...

it *seems* like you are saying it is hopw many tuning points there are,

but that would be extremely naive wouldn't it?

do you know how many tuning points each ECU has?

i just want to try to understand why you decided that from your research you feel that Hondata has better tunability over the PowerFC...

as my research appears to be leading me to a different conclusion...

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    I have a March 97 DC2 VTi-R.

Plus, i've found a Power FC for 960... Dude, I could buy two hondata's with that.

Honestly, i'm not going to be running 25 psi all day, fully sick uleh, into the engine. I want something that gives me a bit more power on the straight. If I wanted an 'all out' 'ripping my shirt off, bending my spine' acceleration experience, I would've bought a bike.

I only want driveability, reliability, and a bit more power. NOW, why, would I want to double my budget on an ECU if I'm not going to be drag racing etc?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather
    I have a March 97 DC2 VTi-R.

Plus, i've found a Power FC for 960... Dude, I could buy two hondata's with that.

Honestly, i'm not going to be running 25 psi all day, fully sick uleh, into the engine. I want something that gives me a bit more power on the straight. If I wanted an 'all out' 'ripping my shirt off, bending my spine' acceleration experience, I would've bought a bike.

I only want driveability, reliability, and a bit more power. NOW, why, would I want to double my budget on an ECU if I'm not going to be drag racing etc?
    with the hand controller for that price or just the ECU?, for obd2 money wise Power Fc, i was in the same foot as you before

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    Id go power fc as there are more tuners in my local area that are able to tune the unit.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    yeah that includes the hand controller, and STOCK, I'm not in Cabramatta, I'm in Melbourne.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    yes, and this *sale* that is on...

well, Power FC is still cheaper for a OBD2 car, plus you get a free handcontroller!

i would love to know why shebangs thinks that Hondata is better in terms of *tunability*...

i would actually love to know what *tunability* actually is too....
    Have you tuned a power FC in a boosted Honda Vtec?. And have you tuned a Hondata in a boosted Honda Vtec?.If the answer is NO to both of these questions why are you even making a comment, sitting behind a PC and doing all the research in the ****ING world is not hands on experience.Comparing one ECU to another on paper is one thing but real world tuning is another.And before you say anything about me no I have not tuned them but I have driven the cars for that fat prick Dyno Dave when he does road tuning so yes I have seen the difference between the two.
    ALLMTR996
    One more thing a complete replacement OBD2a/b S100 Hondata=$955
    A Power FC=$990
    So correct me if I am wrong but which one is cheaper again?
    Last edited by ALLMTR996; 09-06-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    I don't want an S100, I'd want an S200 with datalogging. you miss my point completely.

Hey white boy,

You know hondata is out of the question for us due to the fact we're melbourenians. Unless you'r going to purchase motec power fc is bang for bucks and more tuners here for us.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    yeah, and considering the guy who runs hondata australia is banned from here too

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996
    One more thing a complete replacement OBD2a/b S100 Hondata=$955
    A Power FC=$990
    So correct me if I am wrong but which one is cheaper again?
    Hondata = $955
    PowerFC + HC = $960

so you get a hand controller for $5

not bad eh?
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 09-06-2006 at 11:04 PM.