Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9

Desirability of an EK SiR sedan

In Hong Kong at the moment, I noticed there are quite a few EK SiR sedans on the 2nd hand market here.

They have B16A engines with leather and sunroof usually and go for $5K-$8K AUD here. Finding a straight, original and un-boganised one is bit of a challenge though.

I much prefer the EK hatch but haven't seen one yet in HK. Does anyone know much about the EK SIR sedans? ie how it compares to the EK hatch such as the EK VTi-R hatch in au in terms of handling, performance and weight?

If I can find a decent one and bring it back to au after 1 year of ownership in au it may be a worthwhile project for me, with an upgrade to the B18C7 being pretty straightforward and might well be the ultimate sleeper that I've always wanted.

For example this red one is about $9K aud

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=156156az.jpg
    http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eng4682df.jpg

this black one is actually cheaper at $8K AUD, has ohlin coil overs, ITR SR3 seats, 5 studs conversion+ITR wheels and LSD diff

http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?i...lk456458cm.jpg
    Last edited by EG30; 07-06-2006 at 03:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    wow... thats extremely cool
    technically it should weigh about the same as an EK sedan over here
    the performance will be similar to that of the EK4 hatch here but due to the additional weight of the car being a sedan it may be slightly slower but will still beat any aus EK sedan
    mind you this is all just speculation based on what i know of EKs over here

wat other crazy shit can you get over there?
    any genuine fog light kits?
    CXi POWER

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    that's pretty good...

but y not get yourself something even better while you're there? aren't there plenty of ek9's running around? i mean if u get the sir sedan + b18c engine swap then u mite as well pay a lil bit extra for an ek9 since u were looking for an ek4 anyways...
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    id love one man.

an awesome platform to start with imo.

if you can do it, get a real nice honda without spending crazy money, why not.

whatever u do tell us about it lol

but yeah why stop at sir when u can go ek9?
    oh wrd!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    the black one looks sexy, how much does it cost to import one into aus?
    so tempting
    good luck with your purchase dude
    jaz
    99 Honda Civic EK1
    Alpine SQ Headunit with Ipod Connector
    Diamond Audio m661 Splits
    Pioneer 12" Sub
    Response 4 * 130WRMS Amp
    Dynmat Sound Deadened

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    HK ppl hate hatchbacks i think.. i went there earlier in the year and could only find sedan parts, no hatch parts....

EK sedan SiR were everywhere...

its got to do with the fact that not many ppl have cars in HK to begin with so any person who buys a car would definitely be giving friends and family lifts, hence the unpopularity of 2 door cars

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by EK9
    that's pretty good...

but y not get yourself something even better while you're there? aren't there plenty of ek9's running around? i mean if u get the sir sedan + b18c engine swap then u mite as well pay a lil bit extra for an ek9 since u were looking for an ek4 anyways...

Would love and much prefer an EK9 myself too. But apparently there are only 10-20 EK9 compared to 100-200 EK4s in HK and they cost almost twice as much. Family men and traid members likes the practically of the 4 door sedans here you see, unless it's a 2 door coupe/sports car most go for the models with the rear doors.

That's why there are plenty of 4 door integras here and many DC6 sedans, a few of them converted to ITR spec and known as DB8R here.

For a lot more $, EP3 CTRs are aval for around $28K for a low k's 2 y.o. car and would love to have an unique car like that in Aust. But by the time the car lands it would cost me $45+K so I'll wait at least 3 years till the price drops to a more do-able range.

The best thing about HK is that there are many 2nd hand type R parts avail readily ie ITR wheels in 4 and 5 stud patterns, dc2r and dc5r momo steering wheel with and w/o airbag, ITR brakes, coil overs from Spoon, Ohlins, GAB, ITR instruments, Recaro SR3s in red and black, bottom braces, LSDs, K20A engines.....And that's just for the hot Hondas, and parts for the Lancer Evos are just as comprehensive. Pity freight to Au is so $$$, you guys should come over for a shopping trip and load up a 20ft container worth of gear down the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Fark that shit is sick as. Would love to have one. Them 2 are sexy as!!!!
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    where do you find all this stuff in HK?
    CXi POWER

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    i remember seeing the black ek at HK it looks hot, but since ur in HK shop around coz i know there is few or the preface lift Ek9 floating around cheap aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    If you're going to bring one back, make sure it's stock. The car will still have to pass RTA checks once in Australia. This also means all modifications will need to be road legal as per Australian vehicles (exhaust, engine modifications etc) before compliance is given..

In saying that, I have a bit of a soft spot for civic sedans. And an SiR would be a great base car for modification. I would try to get hold of a 4 door integra type R. Now that would be a rare car in Australia!!

Even better bet would be to source a written off SiR (complete) and purchase a sedan once back in Australia .