Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

'99 - '03 S2000 Service Manual

Now i searched through the forum and i found no matches.I then had a look around the web and came across this site.(Trust me it was no google search) I think this manual is fundamental to have, especially with DIY or even maintaining ure S. This manual will tell u anything u need to know,it really has it all. Hope it helps you as much as it helped me...

Also i think this should become a permanent thread (IMO) it just that handy.

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/S2000/

Enjoy...

toE edit: Edited title
    Last edited by toE; 09-06-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia
    hey i was readin gthrough this could someone please confirm for me the following.. The book says that you can use (00 - 03)

unleaded 91 octane
    and that standard tyres are 205s on the front awith 225s on the back...

is this true? I thought you SHOULD use 98 octane incase it knocks. Also with the tyres i thought i've only seen 215s on the front but can't be sure.
    Also the oil change under severe conditions says 6000kms i thought it would be more like 4000kms
    cheers.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    That's the USA manual. In the US, 91 PON is equivalent to our 98 RON.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia
    thanks for that =]

can you confirm the tyre width?

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    tyre width stock is 205/55/16 at the front and the rear is 225/50/16. However, that is if your using Bridgestone S-02 (those specifically designed for the s2k), if your using a different brand of tire the rear should be 245/45/16. The reason is because the stock S-02s have a much larger contact patch then a regular 225 tire and it is much more comparable to a 245 width tyre made by anyone else.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    tyres on my car 205/55 front and 225/50 on the rear

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia
    a 2 cm contact patch just from design on each tyre is huge! just hard to believe without seeing it i guess
    do you have anything to back that up? I don't want to come across as rude or arrogant and im greatful for you sharing the knowledge but do you have anythign to back it up?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by robert112
    a 2 cm contact patch just from design on each tyre is huge! just hard to believe without seeing it i guess
    do you have anything to back that up? I don't want to come across as rude or arrogant and im greatful for you sharing the knowledge but do you have anythign to back it up?
    It was discussed on www.s2ki.com and I believe they proved it with pics, etc.

Pretty sure that's where ROLLED got his information from

Quote Originally Posted by robert112
    its true, i actually measured my stock rear tyres against 225 continentials, and the stock ones look way wider than my new 225's.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    yeah i ripped it off s2ki.com, its very much indeed true. If you have S-02s compare them to someone who doesn't and has 225s or vice versa you can tell by just looking at them.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    btw awesome find WhiteAP1!!! it tells you how to rip apart the whole car! awesome

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeah i was pretty stoked when i found it. Also if u remove the /s2000/ from the link, its pretty much got a manual list for the entire honda range