Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Again, Fisi isn't slow! ended 20 seconds behind the leader, and 20 seconds ahead of 5th, all over the back of Raikkonen, leapfrogged Massa by like 3 seconds in the first stops.....

Anyways, those cars are amazing through the first twisty bit (can't remember the name). Schumey seemed pretty down as well hey? And as for the Webber incident, just having seen the Channel 10 telecast it would look like Ralf turned in on speed in the pack, got tagged and spun, not anyones fault, well, maybe Ralf's.....

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCTR Coopz!
    feck... button's car blew up again!!!
    vtec kicked in again

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondavirgin
    And as for the Webber incident, just having seen the Channel 10 telecast it would look like Ralf turned in on speed in the pack, got tagged and spun, not anyones fault, well, maybe Ralf's.....
    It was Speed's fault. He went too hard and into Ralf, and Ralf turned to the right to avoid Speed, but ended up hitting webber instead. I think Speed did hit Ralf as Speed was out of the race too.

http://formula1.com/race/news/4489/758.html
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Again, Fisi isn't slow! ended 20 seconds behind the leader...
    hes not slow... but hes not consistant either...
    anywayz ................

eam cost me podium – Fisichella
    His car's ride height was too low
    12/06/06 17:38

Fisichella wasn't happy with his car's set-up

Giancarlo Fisichella says a Silverstone podium escaped him because of team error.

Renault principal Flavio Briatore admitted on Monday that the Roman driver qualified poorly 'because of our mistake', but did not elaborate.

However, Fisichella - whose runaway teammate Fernando Alonso netted his third win on the trot in England - told an Italian newspaper that his car had been set-up too close to the ground.

''The team's mistake cost me the front row,'' the 33-year-old said, ''otherwise I would have been able to fight with Alonso for the podium. ”

He added: ''They did not tell me they were going to lower the car, which made it hit the track and be too slow.''

Fisichella explained that, due to the parc ferme rule, he was then stuck with the disadvantage in the race, and also had to run higher tyre pressures to keep the 'R26' from bottoming out.

He will test this week at Monza.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    It was Speed's fault. He went too hard and into Ralf, and Ralf turned to the right to avoid Speed, but ended up hitting webber instead. I think Speed did hit Ralf as Speed was out of the race too.

http://formula1.com/race/news/4489/758.html
    Ralf's right rear made contact with Speeds front left, and then slid while correcting into the middle of the track where Webber's car drove into him coz he had nowhere to go, as far as i see it, racing incident, that stuff happens in the first few corners, its just unfortunate that it caught out Webber as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ^^v
    hes not slow... but hes not consistant either...
    anywayz ................
    Fair call.

webber.. wrong place, wrong time! the unluckiest kent these days.. poor kent!
    but man im so sick of alonso hogging all the glory!! lookin fwd to next season when he moves to maclaren.. hopefully they'll take his streak away with unreliablity! alonso's car is perfect.. never feckz up!! sum1 whoop his ass already.. shiiiet!! hahaha
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

Well Alonso already backed off in the end. Fisichella was chasing down Kimi still near the end, granted Kimi could be slightly blocking him.

Still, 20 seconds is what... 3-4 10ths of a second slower per lap.

If Fisichella is good enough, then it should be more like Schumacher vs Barrichello era when they both swapped some wins and both had 1-2 finishes all the time.

Thing is, he just isn't fast enough.

Very obviously though he drives a lot better than the majority of the population but the difference between him and Alonso, is like the difference between Montoya and Kimi, or Massa with Schuey.

In the world of F1, every 2/10ths of a sec counts. Unfortunately he is 3-4/10ths slower..

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    If car was bottoming out though, that could easily account for that 2 10ths. And i would hardly call the Schumacher Barrichello era a close one at Ferrari, Barrichello is absolutely nowhere near Schumey, and the year he got wins was the year their car was streets ahead in every area.

It is a Kimi/Montoya gap yes, but thats not bad when Kimi is actually Alonso, who is close to equal to schumacher. Consistent 3rds and 4ths is good results, when the only people beating you are Kimi and Michael. I will pay however that he is a bit inconsistent.

And Kimi, who everyone seems to think is some kind of god, was also 20 seconds down.

Great round for alot of people in the tipping competition.
    I wish I used my double

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    updated ladder?

i think u'll be in top spot now

u got 6 points or something?

Woohoo, finally I am getting some points!

If car was bottoming out though, that could easily account for that 2 10ths. And i would hardly call the Schumacher Barrichello era a close one at Ferrari, Barrichello is absolutely nowhere near Schumey, and the year he got wins was the year their car was streets ahead in every area.

It is a Kimi/Montoya gap yes, but thats not bad when Kimi is actually Alonso, who is close to equal to schumacher. Consistent 3rds and 4ths is good results, when the only people beating you are Kimi and Michael. I will pay however that he is a bit inconsistent.

And Kimi, who everyone seems to think is some kind of god, was also 20 seconds down.

Well Kimi was in a different car altogether, so you cannot compare their times. In this case we're comparing Alonso with Fisi only... Well, i.e. who's to say, Tonio Liuzzi isn't a better driver than Kimi Raikkonen or Alonso is? In fact that guy is quite talented..

Also, the bottoming out problem only occurs during qualifying due to lack of tyre pressure. During the race its not such a big problem. What happened in all the previous 8 races when Fisichella was always behind Alonso - except for one race? That was when the Renault fuel pump stopped working and gave Alonso twice the fuel as he needed during Q3 Qualifying.... and Alonso still managed to finish 2nd in that race, for such a big mistake!

Thing is, Fisi isn't slow at all obviously. Its just that Alonso is just that much better.

If we say for example next year, Renault is in exactly the same position as they are now in 2006 with regards to overall performance, and assuming Fisi will be the leading driver - here will be the results for him assuming he will be the better driver in 2007 than his teammate so I moved every position up by 1 already from his actual 2006 results:

heorectical race results starting from Bahrain 2007:
    1) - (engine failure)
    2) 1st
    3) 4th
    4) 6th
    5) 5th
    6) 2nd
    7) 5th
    8) 3rd

That is completely assuming that his teammate would never beat him, and yet the results doesn't seem to be too promising....