Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

The future of the S2K...

Does anyone know of any reasonably reliable info on the future of the S2K?

I'm interested in getting one, but if they're releasing a Type R (or any worthwhile changes) then I might wait instead!.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    i dun think so man...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Most probably production will end and no new models out to replace it. Look at sales. Only 1 S2000 sold last month!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

yea man the s2k is going to die no future at all
    not nearly as sucessful as the toyota camry
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky
    yea man the s2k is going to die no future at all
    not nearly as sucessful as the toyota camry
    So unfortunate that only money counts. Look at Holden, Ford and Mazda with their VXR, XR5 and 3 MPS. They don't expect to sell many, but it is a figurehead model to showcase the best of that range, so that they can sell more of the lower end models. I'd bet that if they sold the EP3 here, the number of Civic Vi hatches sold would have been higher.

Just like the Lancer and the EVO. The EVO is out of the general ricer's reach pricewise, but they go for the Lancer instead because it looks like the EVO.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    it has been said that the 06 or 07 will be the last yr for the s2000. rumoured to be released is a new model called the XGA. It will be a 3.0L V6 convertible hardtop i think. This info was posted up on s2ki.com

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    The XGA was an April fools day prank, I dont believe there is such a thing being planned.

It is a shame that Honda aren't selling that many but then again they don't exactly advertise it like they advertise the jazz, accord euro & civic etc.

I think general awareness of the car is low as well, I mean alot of people ask me about the s2000's "turbo" ??? Obviously alot of people have no idea what kind of car it is.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    The s2000 is old and too expensive. That's the sole reason for low sales. There is plenty of competition now like the 350z convertible and people are looking elsewhere. More advertising wont help.

yeh definately, for what $70+k for a honda, is a fair bit if you compare it to alot of the other vehicles u can get.

i know the s2000 does have its own characteristics, but bang for buck, i wouldnt exactly say the s2000 is the best car to purchase brand new.

they didn't sell many NSX's, but went and produced an "R" near the end of it's production.

...hopefully they'll surprise us... surely they'll want to capitalise on all that money they spent on F1 by producing something hardcore!. ...

Quote Originally Posted by slipangle
    ...hopefully they'll surprise us... surely they'll want to capitalise on all that money they spent on F1 by producing something hardcore!. ...
    I think that was called the nsx

... :P

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    true i think after on road costs it comes to around 85k now. The design is a few years old but it did receive a facelift in 04 which does make it look alot better. As far as technology is concerned, I dont see any other manufactures creating engines that put out 88kw/L N/A. F430 for example, 360kw/4.3L = 83.7kw/L.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD