Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by |N|
    yea when i did mine i use maskin tape to take up the indicator reflector... so it stiils reflects and bright now...
    but takes ages to mask it up as the angle/arc is hetick..
    the preface lift dont have the seperate piece of orange/clear reflectors you facelift boys have, its just one piece with the chrome housing with a few concave edges and grooves. so i really couldn't be bothered doing that. but you could stick it over like what N has done.

but yea still lights up enough to be recognised so im not fussed.

cool - not using the oven seems a lot safer +rep for you

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    when putting the head light together did you clean out all the old silicon before applying the sellys?
    CXi POWER

Member Array
    Car:
    Monica
    defntly thumbsUP........!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrufus
    when putting the head light together did you clean out all the old silicon before applying the sellys?
    i tried to. used a hot knife and its easier to cut away the silicon, however its also easy to cut off the plastic if you not careful. so go slow.

if you dont have a hot knife, i guess you could burn a blade on fire for a while and try that and repeat the process

if doesnt really matter much, as long as the seal has enuff gap to stick together again. make sure nothing is in the way. you could reheat the old silicon and use it or apply a new one or do both like i did. shouldnt be too much problem. just make sure water doesnt get it.

if it does well you could drill a hole at the buttom of your headlight to drain the water out . and it also stops it from fogging up

hahaha i love it how you blurr out the plates in every SECOND shot =P
    hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    finally some1 noticed it...

Member Array
    Car:
    Ew, Eg civic
    nice job mate, it looks really cool.....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 / EVO TME 6.5
    so does the type r civic lights look exactyle the same as urs? what black spray paint did u use?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    its the same, the only difference is that, CTR didnt paint their blinker housing black. i did. so if you wanna skip that section thats fine.

i used cheapo paint and it works. you might want to use high temp paint for better coverage and longer lasting due to heat from headlight. but mine still looks new.

hmmm..ive always wanted to do this but never had the time to..hopefulli ill do it soon and let u guys know how it turned out.
    ozhonda.com = ozhomo.com

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Great diy man. I recently did this to my headlights. I started doing it your way without the oven. But god damn. So much effort. It is so much easier to just use the oven.

To make sure you don't melt anything though. I used a piece of cardboard underneath that I wet every time I took out the lights to check. So the lights aren't sitting on the grill. Oven on just 110 deg. Also just keep the oven door ajar. Makes sure the heat dosn't get too intense. Then just check them every few minutes gradually prising them apart.