Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX

Commercial Posts???

I have an issue with what exactly defines a 'commerical' post??
    Last edited by SINISTR; 14-06-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    i dont know the full dictionary meaning to "commercial" however, from the sounds of things, if you can produce an item and sell it according to the number of responses you get, uve basically got an unofficial "business" happenin, and the thread is purely for advertising on ur behalf - which to my understanding is not allowed.
    that is considerably different to someone whos meerly tryin to sell 2nd hand parts.
    if you were to sell and advertise ur self produced items, then ud need to pay for a traders position on the site.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    But im not advertising a business of any kind - mine or other.

So would it be 'politically' correct if I advertised "FS:gen1 fenders" and then as enquires come in I'd inform the buyer I have to make them? To me thats lying and incorrect advertising.

I can find a couple posts on OZHONDA even by members of the moderators team, where they are border line commercial posts, if not directly a request for advertising a business...
    Last edited by SINISTR; 14-06-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    if u make an "x" amount of fenders according to ppl's interest, then that classes u as a manufacturer, a distributor - official or unofficial is irrelevant.
    thats wat u have to get your head around and understand.
    ur subsequently gettin more business for urself, and profitin from a free advertising medium via ozhonda, which is prohibited.
    to make ur wat ur doin legal on ozhonda, then u should apply to become a trader.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    hey sinistr

from my understanding if u have a brand new item that is still in a box that is classified as a commercial post.

as well as if u have multiples of the same item.

also you cant post up products,price and where to get it. its a advertising post.

these a definate rules cos ive been done for all of them

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    if u make an "x" amount of fenders according to ppl's interest, then that classes u as a manufacturer, a distributor - official or unofficial is irrelevant.
    thats wat u have to get your head around and understand.
    ur subsequently gettin more business for urself, and profitin from a free advertising medium via ozhonda, which is prohibited.
    to make ur wat ur doin legal on ozhonda, then u should apply to become a trader.
    I got my head around it - don't worry - I understand what a manufacturer and distributor is. What I need to stress at this point is that there is NO MONEY or PROFIT being made in this for me. I don't think offering a set of fenders by request constitutes having to become a 'trader' as its simply a ONE OFF - a small amount of 'manufacture or distribution' compared to the amount that Traders make. Fair enough, I also understand its wrong to allow me to do this - as it will let others do it... but there has to be a way!?

Jimmeh: I know where you're comming from about the products, prices etc etc... but a WTB thread asking for links, prices and distributors - isn't that a commercial post in a way?

Member Array
    Car:
    I dont want to make a big deal out of this, more than it needs to be - but I think there can and should be a few exclusions made based on some rules such as quantity of posts being made by an individual who makes 'commercial' posts - Traders make hundreds of SALES a week or in a day. Little guys who can offer a small service can't do so.. I just find that a little bias.

90% of the posts out there have details of workshops, prices etc - isn't that commercial advertising for a 3rd party?

I think if this forum is to grow it needs to be able to offer help and advice to its members - if you find a good place to buy something - let the other people know!!
    Last edited by SINISTR; 14-06-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    sinistr... alot of the rules dont make sense but we have to live by it man.
    In the end its up to the mods how they apply the rules.

See theyll look at it as u selling multiple items and making money. and they have no proof to say that your arent making any money.
    therefore its a commercial post
    Last edited by jimmeh; 14-06-2006 at 03:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    sinistr... alot of the rules dont make sense but we have to live by it man.
    thats life isn't it?

never mind... thanks for your time guys!

guess all the gen1 owners will have to life with broken fenders... cos they won't know I got the moulds to make them @ the cost of making (no profit for me)

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    ^ Well put it this way man, ozhonda isnt a medium for ppl to sell things.
    Its not what the forums about.
    Be thankful that us members can advertise our 2nd hand stuff for free on the net without having to pay a fee.
    If we allow for one or two, then theres gonna be a lot of bitchin and moanin as a result by other members, "oh you let sinistr do this but not me...." etc etc.
    You said in ur post above that ur not gaining any monetary profits from this, are you sure? so your giving your fenders away to members interested for free are u?
    You said yourself that u know its wrong, so dont bother pushin the point man.
    Jst be thankful for wat we can do for free, and leave it at that.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    This is incorrect. It is not "up to the mods", it is the site administrators who make those decisions.

I would PM Wyn about this and see what he says - as if there is no profit being made he might be ok with it.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    This is incorrect. It is not "up to the mods", it is the site administrators who make those decisions.

I would PM Wyn about this and see what he says - as if there is no profit being made he might be ok with it.
    This wasnt taking a stab at the mods so no need to get defensive.
    all ppl how uphold the law/rules can apply it the way they see fit.

how come some coppers will slug u if they catch u speeding while another copper will give u a free pass.

that is what i meant.