Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    imo, NOT allowing for a language thread is discrimination!
    the lounge is a place for completely off topic genres, hence pretty much no boundaries.
    there is nothin sinister in the thread at all, and for u to think that its racist is jst blowing things outta proportion.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by EK9
    i'm a mod, asian background, aussie born and raised... and i don't get 1 word they're saying in there and i honestly don't care cos that thread topic/subject doesn't interest nor concern me hence i will not participate. they seem like they're chit chatting, and i find nothing offensive or racist about it based on it being in another language.

the only reason i would close that thread is cos the majority of ppl and myself don't understand it and hence it's basically spam... but i wont.... can't c y i would...

don't look at it in a language/background kinda barrier... if a few super geeks started talking about quantum physics and you had no idea wot they were goin on about and couldn't participate, would that be the same?

this is just my opinion, not only as a mod but as a member too
    Listen this is not the point... I dont care what they are saying but becuase they choose to eliminate certian people from contributing due to language barriers.

And i am only continuing this for the obvious blatent biased following of such an okay form of racism.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    ok can i then start my own racist thread and not have to answer for it ?

Will a English only thread ( No one having other then English language by allowed) be ok for you ? Put bluntly is the point you are conveying

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyas
    "if anything mikeyas you are discriminating against them. let them be, if you don't like the thread then don't post here.

if you wish to bitch in this thread feel free to do so in cantonese, otherwise use the site discussion area (or u can take it up with me if u like?)
    if you or others continue to bitch in english your posts will be deleted

thank you"

From panda... and I wish to discuss.

Now can you place your reasoning to why the thread should not be deleted.
    And we can discuss.
    It should NOT be deleted for reasons you have already stated.
    Aust is a multi-cultural society, and by not allowing a Cantonese chat thread is discrimination.
    So long as the thread is NOT offensive in its content, i think it is warranted in its place, the lounge...a place for ppl of ALL races and languages to chat about watever they want.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i'm a mod, asian background, aussie born and raised... and i don't get 1 word they're saying in there and i honestly don't care cos that thread topic/subject doesn't interest nor concern me hence i will not participate. they seem like they're chit chatting, and i find nothing offensive or racist about it based on it being in another language.

the only reason i would close that thread is cos the majority of ppl and myself don't understand it and hence it's basically spam... but i wont.... can't c y i would...

don't look at it in a language/background kinda barrier... if a few super geeks started talking about quantum physics and you had no idea wot they were goin on about and couldn't participate, would that be the same?

this is just my opinion, not only as a mod but as a member too
    agreed.

next we'll have people complaining they are not allowed to post pics of EK's in the EG civic threads

as for my reasoning as for why it should not be deleted... there is no reason to delete it, it does not break the terms and conditions in any manner, it is not a repost or anything, it's in another language... so what?
    they are not posting anything offensive and as aaron said i doubt u would really want to post in it anyway
    Last edited by panda[cRx]; 13-06-2006 at 10:09 PM.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Mikeyas, you really need ot meet some asian ppl and have some asian friends then you'd understand that over half of the population in teh world speaks more than english, has skin other than white, and has different cultures based on different background. I like to eat food other than hamburgers and chips like chickenfeet, i like to drink iced milk tea over coke. You're point isn't as simple as black and white dude, nor are my analogies. What you've done is put that fob thread into such analogy.

To be honest dude, as a mate, you are digging yourself a hole which you wont be able to get out of.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    lol nah seriously, i wouldn't say i'd give ya the green light... but if a thread did start, and i understood it and became utter bs or started becoming abusive or defamatory in any way (as language threads do get some times as ppl only know how to swear!) i'd close it.

but yeah, at the end of the day that's the lounge, a place to talk about wotever. there are rules, but flexible ones of course... and i personally can't c a problem with that thread. but if the majority do, then that's a different story, as i'm only 1 voice in many thousands.
    If the majority are racist then does that mean as a person in power you will do nothing? AS is the case here... In the end its only the internet. But It is the start of immoral behaviour and is wrong in everything we have taught to be australian. To except everyone for their differances(iknow you will try use that ) BUT ALSO NOT TO EXCLUDE ANYONE FOR THEIR DIFFERANCES.

YOU ARE EXCLUDING ALOT OF PEOPLE. OF NON CANTONESE PEOPLE>

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    ok can i then start my own racist thread and not have to answer for it ?

Will a English only thread ( No one having other then English language by allowed) be ok for you ? Put bluntly is the point you are conveying

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Listen this is not the point... I dont care what they are saying but becuase they choose to eliminate certian people from contributing due to language barriers.

And i am only continuing this for the obvious blatent biased following of such an okay form of racism.
    Wat ur saying is similar to having different language programs on SBS.
    Are u sayin that SBS is discriminating and a racist tv channel cause ur the one that cannot understand??
    Listen to wat ur sayin!!
    Its a chat thread based in another language!!
    Similar to a program on tv in another language, if u dont understand it, dont watch it!!

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    nobody is stopping you from learning chinese
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

or japanese (cos panda probably thinks i'm try hard)

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    Mikeyas, you really need ot meet some asian ppl and have some asian friends then you'd understand that over half of the population in teh world speaks more than english, has skin other than white, and has different cultures based on different background. I like to eat food other than hamburgers and chips like chickenfeet, i like to drink iced milk tea over coke. You're point isn't as simple as black and white dude, nor are my analogies. What you've done is put that fob thread into such analogy.

To be honest dude, as a mate, you are digging yourself a hole which you wont be able to get out of.
    I have many asian friends who do think in such a way and not once have i refered to this as asian verse non asian. i am relating to language barriers for all i know you guys are white and lived in china for some time. i dont knwo or care. but using language as a discrimination point is wrong and me talking up is pointless as everyone in power..

EK( Panda agree with the loudest... ANd can some how see no merit in my argument...