Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    you guys are seriously blowing things up outta proportion!!
    we're not trying to place anyone anywhere!!
    it is one thread, dedicated to a chat style format, in cantonese!!
    u have no grounds for bitching and moaning!!
    understand this:
    its similar to this exmaple...
    ppl who are against that canto chat thread...are the same as ppl hating on say the EK pics thread for the reason that they cant post pics up of their cars cause they dont own an EK!!
    see how stupid it is!!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Well i got an EK dude, just dont like people posting "nude" and "offensive" pics in the EK thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    OK.. i have had some disscussions wiht some very mature individuals via PM. One enlightned me to the fact of how i would fix the problem. Well i think this method would be beneficial for everyone.

My initial point was not, not to speak cantonese but not to exclude others from it. If you still want a cantonese only thread the creators could provide the following....
    -Perhaps A guide to the most common and simple cantonese words..
    -Maybe some good links to translating websites

This method would help and teach other people and allow them to take an active part in learning the wonders of another language. This way you can take some pride in your culture and help spread the awareness of its art to others.

I personally think this suggestion would be the most proactiveapproach and it would keep all parties happy.

It would allow people who want only cantonese to have it that way and still talk random. But also allow other people to slowly generate an understanding of the language and break down barriers between seperate cultures.

I never ment to start such a war. I am totally against ANY FORM OF racism and discrimination and having a cumminty such as this filled with so many cultures, standing up for such things is the this a first step to making a better environment for everyone.

Please let each post from now on be positive and proactive to make sure we come to a beneficial outcome for everyone.

Kind Regards

Josh

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyas
    OK.. i have had some disscussions wiht some very mature individuals via PM. One enlightned me to the fact of how i would fix the problem. Well i think this method would be beneficial for everyone.

My initial point was not, not to speak cantonese but not to exclude others from it. If you still want a cantonese only thread the creators could provide the following....
    -Perhaps A guide to the most common and simple cantonese words..
    -Maybe some good links to translating websites

This method would help and teach other people and allow them to take an active part in learning the wonders of another language. This way you can take some pride in your culture and help spread the awareness of its art to others.
    I like this idea! I get to learn more too.

Q_ball, since the first post in that thread is yours, could you put in the most commonly used cantonese words and phrases please?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    its hard to do so, cause canto is written in symbolic characters..
    most ppl are typin in words that symbolise the sound that the character produces, and quite often, there are several variations of this!!

also, the thread is not jst canto now..
    its eveyrthing thats not english pretty much.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Username
    thats rude, so just chuck all those non-whites somewehere ?
    whites speak languages other than english too you bloody hero

i've had enough of this bs
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    just close the thread panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Username
    thats rude, so just chuck all those non-whites somewehere ?
    whites speak languages other than english too you bloody hero

i've had enough of this bs, the thread is being closed as it's turned to crap now that u lovely people started complaining
    (that and q_ball the thread starter has requested it)

goodnight, if u have a problem with that pm me
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    IMO the thread is fine- but I think that whilst it says Cantonese only, I think if people choose to post in another language in there, so be it- they can't make a rule saying you MUST speak in Cantonese in a particular thread; but they can set the trend and try to only speak in Cantonese. The thread clearly exists purely as a way for them to speak in Cantonese and if any of them had anything important to say which they wanted to communicate with the wide audience of OH, they'd have posted it in English.

Quote Originally Posted by EK9
    i'm a mod, asian background, aussie born and raised... and i don't get 1 word they're saying in there and i honestly don't care cos that thread topic/subject doesn't interest nor concern me hence i will not participate. they seem like they're chit chatting, and i find nothing offensive or racist about it based on it being in another language.
    LOL I'm also like you- I'm ABC Learning Chinese off movies/music/friends though.

EDIT: We could just make it compulsory to post a translation below whatever is said in Cantonese because it's not such a simple matter of saying "Let's provide a list of common phrases" or links to translators (they don't tend to work when people are typing in englishised Canto).

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    From my perspective, 26, aussie with German heritage, I thought the FOB thread was hilarious coz I know it's used for fun, and hey, if I could speak Cantonese I'd join in but I can't, and I can't be bothered learning so I won't participate in the thread.

Simple.

i hardly see the concern. BUT as it goes...in this day and age ~

DO NOT racially sterotype or play fun at. Even if its a joke at your own race. Its just not funny when people take offence to it ok guys n girls.

In future , i will (at my own discretion) edit out ANY racial slur as its simply too much effort. THIS is what censorship is about , you brought it on yourselves lol. DONT make a thread or re-hack the website and claim that Ozhonda mods are nazis ~ its simply editing for the general masses well being

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    can someone reopen the fob thread, but for those who are contributing to the thread, can you write the english translation afterwards?

i'd be kinda interested to learn, and everyone would be able to understand what the hell was going on..

or am i kidding myself?