Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car

Wiring digram series 1 B16A

Guys i have just installed a B16A1 into my 1988 Si CRX, and a friend of mine has started to wire up a microtec computer to it. we couldn't chase up a wiring diagram for the series 1 engine, so we went off a series 2 diagram. When we checked the wire colour codes against the series 2 diagram they looked to be the same. The engine has been completly wired up using the series 2 diagram. We have tried to start the engine (it turns over fine, but runs very ruff, like it is only on two cylinders, then it wound just stall). We have since found out that there are some subtle differences between the two engine in the way of wiring. Has anyone been through this before, or has a wiring diagram that would be able to show us which wires need to be changed? We have been told that there are around 4-5 wires that need to be swaped over, but we do not know which one?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    hey might be able to help but exactly which B16A do you have?

i take it by B16A1 you are reffering to a 1st gen b16a from either an EF8 (crx sir), EF9 (civic sir) or the da9 integra.

these are jdm motors with 160HP , cable clutch and have their block stamped b16a (no numbers)? if you have one of these then im pretty sure the workshop manual has a wiring diagram.

there are links to it near the bottom of this page.

http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/

it comes in 2 parts. crx workshop manual and the VTEC supplement. the VTEC supplement has soem wiring diagrams in it on the last few pages. only one way to find out so grab it and see if it helps.

good luck with it cos 2nd gen crx with b16a's are a whole heap of fun

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    the engine is from a DA9 integra 1990 b16a. Yeah the engine number is
    B16A1.... it is a JDM model. is the wiring from the 1990 integras the same as the 1990 CRX SiR's??? because i might have a civic/crx hand book that may have a wiring diagram in the back

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    hmm not 100% sure about the da9 b16a's having the same wiring as the crx sir's b16a. you could compare the wiring diagram from the series 2 diagram that you have with the one in the link above.

the ECU would be the same i think but then agian it might not be, same with the transmission ratios etc etc so if a few things are different then there is a chance the wiring would be different. like i said i am not 100% sure so none of this is gospel.

still comapre the one u have with the one above and wait for some more posts but in the mean time search is your best friend

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2-the-R
    From what i have found the DA6 xsi b16a has pretty much the same
    wiring diagram as the one from the Vtec Supplement pdf file.
    Just depend on ecu, if PR3 or PW0. But then again i think they are
    pretty much the same, just different ecu.

Good Luck

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by intacivic16v
    Guys i have just installed a B16A1 into my 1988 Si CRX, and a friend of mine has started to wire up a microtec computer to it. we couldn't chase up a wiring diagram for the series 1 engine, so we went off a series 2 diagram. When we checked the wire colour codes against the series 2 diagram they looked to be the same. The engine has been completly wired up using the series 2 diagram. We have tried to start the engine (it turns over fine, but runs very ruff, like it is only on two cylinders, then it wound just stall). We have since found out that there are some subtle differences between the two engine in the way of wiring. Has anyone been through this before, or has a wiring diagram that would be able to show us which wires need to be changed? We have been told that there are around 4-5 wires that need to be swaped over, but we do not know which one?
    If this is the one Luke is doing if it is he has the info now that you need.
    ALLMTR996

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996
    If this is the one Luke is doing if it is he has the info now that you need.
    ALLMTR996
    yeah this is the one luke is doing, thank you so much. luke said that you went through the same thing a week ago or something? it was so strange when we tried to start it the other day. the engine sounds like it is all good but it just wouldn't kick over properly. anyway thanks again. BV

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by intacivic16v
    yeah this is the one luke is doing, thank you so much. luke said that you went through the same thing a week ago or something? it was so strange when we tried to start it the other day. the engine sounds like it is all good but it just wouldn't kick over properly. anyway thanks again. BV
    What are you talking about you have the wrong person my friend that was Dyno Dave.
    ALLMTR996

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Have you checked your injectors? I find injectors are clogged on the import engines I got. Assuming it is a import and wasn't running when you got it.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    are you runing a PWO OBDO ECU or the microcat

what loom on the engine are you useing

what loom in the car are you using

????