Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i went to WSID

i don't think semi-slicks are the ideal type of tyre to use for drag racing... i always thought my street tyres were better than my semi-slicks when i was engaging in traffic light gp's. The sidewalls were really stiff, i remember one tyre getting a puncture and dropping to 18psi, i couldn't tell by looking at it because the sidewall hadn't collapsed at all. these were the RS-V04's.

i never got to test the semi's at the strip, but i managed consistant 2.1's using goodyear eagle f1's at 20psi. I doubt that the semi's would have matched them.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    i don't think semi-slicks are the ideal type of tyre to use for drag racing... i always thought my street tyres were better than my semi-slicks when i was engaging in traffic light gp's. The sidewalls were really stiff, i remember one tyre getting a puncture and dropping to 18psi, i couldn't tell by looking at it because the sidewall hadn't collapsed at all. these were the RS-V04's.

i never got to test the semi's at the strip, but i managed consistant 2.1's using goodyear eagle f1's at 20psi. I doubt that the semi's would have matched them.
    i think again it depends on how much power , driving style etc factor on this 60ft time.
    i used to run dunlop do1j on my d16a8 powered sh!tbox EG . ran 2.1 sec 60ft with 15 psi.

and i believe homer swift gti are running r888 for drag and he pull some nice 60ft.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    i used my 17" yokohamas on 36psi..
    managed to run a 13.5 with a 2.2 60" @ 104mph

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4/9