Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

88 Integra Turbo Project, need help sourcing parts.

Hey all. I have a 88 integra (D16A3 engine), trying to fix it up before I go turbo. If I cant do that, then the turbo wont happen, and I'll be getting a Toyota Supra with some mods already done. So I need some help with sourcing parts.

Currently I'm fixing the body work and doing a full respray. Well trying to, looks like its been reaprayed before and its a diffrent red than normal. Coz the red the paint supplyer gave me is darker than the one currently on the car. Dosnt look as nice either. oh well. Shit happens sometimes.

Once thats finished, I will be finished tafe, and be getting a full time job to save the $$$ for my turbo porject. I want to get around 250hp, less than that is acceptable but I dont really want anymore.

For that I will need:
    Eagle Rods (where can I get these in aus?)
    Forged pistons with at least 9:1 Compression ratio. (I think wiseco makes some, where can I get these here also?)
    HKS metal head gasket (once again where are these sold?)
    ARP head stud kit (as above?)
    Turbo Manifold (I will porbably get a custom one made up, place in perth?)
    The fuel managment is going to be using turbo edit with 440cc injectors, unsure of what type and where to get them. Getting new socketed ECU from america. Simpley make a fuel/ignition map in turbo edit and flash it into the chip, plug it into the car and start it up.
    Hi-flow fuel pump
    Ebay BOV
    Ebay Intercooler (what size do u reccomend for 250hp.

And finally which turbo should I use, I want full boost at 3500-4000rpm, and no boost under 3000 at least, so I can at least take off without hitting the car infront. joking, I dont want to be boosting all the time, and I want to be able to save fuel when I need to.
    I think a T3 of some kind or a GT28R or GT25 would be the right size is this correct, also what A/R and trim etc. will be right?

Thanks for all the help in advance. Remember if someone dosnt help me I will be getting a toyota, now none of you honda people want that right?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjok3r
    Hey all. I have a 88 integra (D16A3 engine), trying to fix it up before I go turbo. If I cant do that, then the turbo wont happen, and I'll be getting a Toyota Supra with some mods already done. So I need some help with sourcing parts.

Currently I'm fixing the body work and doing a full respray. Well trying to, looks like its been reaprayed before and its a diffrent red than normal. Coz the red the paint supplyer gave me is darker than the one currently on the car. Dosnt look as nice either. oh well. Shit happens sometimes.

Once thats finished, I will be finished tafe, and be getting a full time job to save the $$$ for my turbo porject. I want to get around 250hp, less than that is acceptable but I dont really want anymore.

For that I will need:
    Eagle Rods (where can I get these in aus?)
    Forged pistons with at least 9:1 Compression ratio. (I think wiseco makes some, where can I get these here also?)
    HKS metal head gasket (once again where are these sold?)
    ARP head stud kit (as above?)
    Turbo Manifold (I will porbably get a custom one made up, place in perth?)
    The fuel managment is going to be using turbo edit with 440cc injectors, unsure of what type and where to get them. Getting new socketed ECU from america. Simpley make a fuel/ignition map in turbo edit and flash it into the chip, plug it into the car and start it up.
    Hi-flow fuel pump
    Ebay BOV
    Ebay Intercooler (what size do u reccomend for 250hp.

And finally which turbo should I use, I want full boost at 3500-4000rpm, and no boost under 3000 at least, so I can at least take off without hitting the car infront. joking, I dont want to be boosting all the time, and I want to be able to save fuel when I need to.
    I think a T3 of some kind or a GT28R or GT25 would be the right size is this correct, also what A/R and trim etc. will be right?

Thanks for all the help in advance. Remember if someone dosnt help me I will be getting a toyota, now none of you honda people want that right?
    Hey

What is your budget for the turbo build and what engine you using.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    possibly not the most preferable option for having a turbo manifold (most likely due to cheap build quality), but d-series manifolds are readily available off ebay.. haha, you could have the ebay tuned integra!~

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SS304-HONDA-D...QQcmdZViewItem

if you go down this option, you'll use a t25/28 turbo, which are fairly common in s14/s15 stock turbo's, so you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one in relatively good condition.

good luck dude, as one of the few g1 aussie tegers, i want to see this happen so bad, cos i'll never get around to doing it myself

I really dont want to spend more than $6000 but it all depends on what job I get. Might have a mining apprentiship offer comming up. Sent in for it today. Could be much bigger budget then

Yeah I want to go with a T 25 or T28 coz it should be nice and cheap.

The budget needs to include a full engine rebuild, my engine has done 202,000KM. And Im the third p plater to own it in a row. Not good for it i expect. That and bearing material was found in my sump when they had it off a few weeks ago to fix the threaded bung. So it needs new bearings all round, I'll use ACL bearings coz some dude is putting 180hp down at the wheels using those and a T3. He also used eagle rods and wieco pistons. All on 8psi. So i'm aiming for 12psi on a GT28. shoudl make about 200hp or so maybe a bit more with a good tune.

Might also need a new gear box. Might be much easier to ger an entire ZC with limited KM and do a rebuild on that myself and then put the turbo on etc. outside th car and tune it up. Then take the turbo off and drop it in the car, then figuireout how to do all the Ic piping.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by qikteg
    possibly not the most preferable option for having a turbo manifold (most likely due to cheap build quality), but d-series manifolds are readily available off ebay.. haha, you could have the ebay tuned integra!~

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SS304-HONDA-D...QQcmdZViewItem

if you go down this option, you'll use a t25/28 turbo, which are fairly common in s14/s15 stock turbo's, so you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one in relatively good condition.

good luck dude, as one of the few g1 aussie tegers, i want to see this happen so bad, cos i'll never get around to doing it myself
    ssautochrome manifolds are complete and utter shit... don't ever suggest one again! There's a reason they're so cheap...

what about monsta ones??? They seem ok?? They have some kind of gaurantee.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    do they look like the one in the above link? if so, they're all by the same company, they're all crap, and they all have a warranty, that's almost impossible to get them to honor.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    i've never had any experience with buying parts like that off ebay, but assumably, their made extremely cheaply in china, so i wouldn't trust the build quality of work done by a 10 year old child

however, if it provides you anything at all, its with the way you could get a proper shop to fabricate one, using the layout and design shown by their pictures..

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    although the layout, paticularly in the collector and such, is an absolutely horrible design... there are FAR FAR FAR better manifolds to emulate

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    don't touch the ebay manifolds dude!!
    i'm sure there would be people in perth very cabable of creating a good quality custom manifold for you!
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

I am also, just need to find them. After getting an offer for a already turboed enigne that made 240whp, that cost over $15,000 to build. Im starting to get a bit scared of this project. Especially that my car needs an entire respray now coz its all multi coloured, and I'm sick to death of sanding and spray painting already. But It has to be done.... all money I need for my turbo project.

Sounds kool!.. make sure you post pics as you go.

It was a cow finding parts when I had my gen1. Never decided to Mod it so I dont know how good the aftermarket performance range is but as you already know it is difficult finding even normal items that need to be eventually replaced.

good place to start is gen1 forums.. lost the link though.
    I know alot of people hybrid the car simply because of parts available to maintain that engine is lacking (comparitively).

Goodluck!