Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    im hopefully going to be turboing my civic soon which has a d16A3 out of an integra in it.

Since yours is an 88 modle does it still have teh vaccume advance on the distributor or id it electronic?

If it is vaccume the turbo edit will not work on your car.

Im pretty sure its electronic. As my engine is the blacktop version. 88 was the last G1 teg to be delivered to australia before the LS and shit came in with B series motors.

If I decide to go turbo, it might be better to get a B16A coz, I will need new engine mounts, new gearbox and an engine rebuild. (plus a new clutch). A good B16A with hondata and turbo on stock intenals with a vewry good tuen should pull 12's.

For that I will need:
    engine mounts
    axles
    JDM obd1 B16A engine and gearbox, with less than 50,000KM.
    Wireing harness
    hondada s200 (I think its this one not too sure about hondata stuffs)

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    do you recon you could send me a pic of your engine bay?
    Id been told that in australia we didnt get electronic advance but if we did thats great and ill put it on my car when i go turbo rather that custom making something up.

Thanks
    LUke

hmmm... If we didnt get electronic advance, then taht suck big time. Oh well. It really dosnt look like I will get the funds to do this any time soon. I'm focusing on getting the car back to a decent conidtion. Then I will possably drop a B16A in there. Seems cheaper now. Because my gear box is pretty ****ed, I get grinds in first and second. sometimes third too. and my clutch is broken form burnouts.

The list of things to fix is growing everyday. The car still needs a full respray because I cannot get the origional red colour. **** knows why, the stupid paint shop gave me a darker red and the dont take returns. As it stands now its got peeling new paint becaue we sprayed it wrong. Tip: Dont use a bar of soap to clean between coats of paint. And parts of it are a diffrent colour. So it needs a full sand back and then 3 really really heavy coats of the new red. The bodykit and the lower doors and the middle section of the bonnet will be painted black. It will look sick, if the paint sticks.