Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    I'm going to disagree entirely here...

most oem turbos are already too small for the motor they come on. Also, due to the lower comp ratio, and likely lower v/e of the motor, it's not comparable to a honda motor.

If anything, it's probably too small for a b16

look at wrx turbos... even the ones for the 2.5l motors are WWWAAAYYYY tiny compared to something one would normally run on a b16... same concept
    thats what i was going to say... CT26 from memory too looks about the same as a T25 but different flange. a mate of mine has a high flowed one on his rebuilt 3sgte... he managed 12.8sec.

however a hi flowed t25g would shit on that.

i'd steer clear of ceramic turbos... i had a ct9 in my gt starlet... ****ing fin broke off and blew the engine... but luckily it happened to the new owner who thought it would be mad to free spool it with only 3cyls firing hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    i'd steer clear of ceramic turbos... i had a ct9 in my gt starlet... ****ing fin broke off and blew the engine... but luckily it happened to the new owner who thought it would be mad to free spool it with only 3cyls firing hehehe
    mad!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    hmmm... spooling it with three cylinders firing... probably managed to get some gas to combust in the turbo... certainly not a good thing

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26
    thats what i was going to say... CT26 from memory too looks about the same as a T25 but different flange. a mate of mine has a high flowed one on his rebuilt 3sgte... he managed 12.8sec.

however a hi flowed t25g would shit on that.

how about a highflowed T3?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    i asked a turbo question on here a while ago regarding flanges and majority vote was using T3 turbos and T2's second. don't bother with the CT26.

i'm sure the others can chime in from here in regards to T3 flanged setups as there are a few variants/hybrids... as for high flowing any turbo benefits from it though i'm not sure on the exact results on T3s.

theres a shop in NSW that Extrude hones turbos (housings and turbine) and rebuilds with nitrate bearings...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    if u run a CT26, u will need a twin entry manifold to get the best out of it. I think its a decent turbo for a b16a. what are they rated at? 320-350hp?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    what are they rated at? 320-350hp?
    lol fark no.. maybe a high flowed one.

i could have my mentally wrong but i always thought a small bottom end turbo would be awesome on a vtec car as opposed to really big, spool massive later in the rpm types at the same time as bigger cam profile kicks in. means you don't really have much going for ya in city/street driving but would be good for nothing more than track. or am i wrong??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    i believe the CT26 is rated at 300hp... from wot ive heard anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by arron
    i believe the CT26 is rated at 300hp... from wot ive heard anyway
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    CT26 325hp rated ... its the biggest turbo to come out on a factory car try to argue with me its the Truth..aside the new XR6 turbos CT26 biggest OEM turbo

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    CT26 is a big turbo, no doubt. dont under estimate it.. its all about weather or not u want to go the CT flange as its a bit rarer... t3 and t2 are very common on honda's.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Easy solution... run twins on a custom manifold...