Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Euro 03 to 06 conversion!

Well ordinarily ebay item discussion is something for the lounge but this answers and also raises lots of technical questions as to how it was achieved.

Take a look at this link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Accord-...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like an 06 Euro including front and rear body changes, steering wheel, interior including silver trim, sat nav.

Nothing unusual I thought. But this seller is advertising the car as a 2003 model. I thought it was a mistake. I messaged them and to my surprise they confirmed it is a 2003 model "with 2006 features". What the?

Well ladies and gentleman a conversion can (and has) been done. I have messaged them asking for more info on the conversion but I doubt I will get more info. I couldn't give a hoot about the exterior - but would really like the fuel consumption display and would like to know what was involved in that conversion (ECU?, steering wheel, dash, misc wiring). Does anyone know - I really want this!

So much work to achieve this! Makes me wonder whether the car was damaged and then replaced with 06 panels, etc (but that is an issue for the ultimate buyer). But exterior updates is one thing - but the interior too?!

If anyone knows this mystery person please let us know more as it opens up some great possibilities for 03-05 owners especially when 06 write offs start becomming more common.
    Last edited by yfin; 17-06-2006 at 03:46 AM.

This sounds so dodgy!

The 17" RIMS are the post-2003 model luxury ones. From 2005 onwards?

The interior seems to be 2006 no doubt.

The rear end doesn't look like it has been changed.

Looks like a hybrid monster with diff front and rear ends sticked together. Especially with those rims not belonging to either 2003 or 2006 model.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Nah the rims don't necessarily mean it is dodgy - lots of people want those rims second hand.

And the rear end does look 06! The 06 has a slightly more pronounced "line" towards the bottom of the bumper. Know what I mean?

But I am pretty sure those headlights are 03-05 as the indicator is clearly orange.
    Last edited by yfin; 17-06-2006 at 03:51 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    there's a lot of things involved in this conversion... as for the fuel comsumption estimator, u have to put an measure into the fuel tank and a cable to the display, average speed is another cable to the wheels...
    and the SatNav panel, also u have to to get some sensors to ur steering and wheels...
    parts along will cost at least $15,000 (inside and outside)., and labour?? $$$$$$$
    why whould they bother to do the conversion anyway.. these money are enought to trade-in their 03 and get a factory 06..
    its a lot of work involved...
    i thought it was a 06 model but involved in an accident and there was no 06 headlight unit available so they put pre-06 headlights on...
    but until i saw the wipers... this euro is deifinitely not 06...

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    yfin .. i've asked honda australia for the conversion
    they said it can be done .. but at a price
    they said, the estimated cost of conversion is roughly starts from $5000 - $15000
    with that price the seller has offered, i think its a dodgy sale
    unless his dash was stolen and his exterior is smashed up and replaced by MY06 parts thats possible. but if that really happen, most likely insurance will write off the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    or will it be,,, just a guess... an european private import? the 06 euro dash was on european spec euro since 04 or 05? will it be the case? or i've been dreaming too much?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    i had a call from a custerom i think it was yesterday, asking if a 06 bumper would fit on a 03 euro.
    and i said i wouldn't know, might, might not.
    guess it does? lol.
    who knows.
    anyone from here call up yesterday about this?
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    alright... when to compare the sat nav unit with our euro...
    the centre joy sitck is gone!!!! lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Probably a very costly exercise. I'd rather sell and buy a real 06 model rather than messing up a perfectly fine car by doing dodgy upgrades, which will only reduce its resale value. The stupid things some people are willing to do....
    Last edited by coladuna; 17-06-2006 at 02:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    that car has DODGEY written all over it

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    i smell bad accident.........

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    i had a call from a custerom i think it was yesterday, asking if a 06 bumper would fit on a 03 euro.
    and i said i wouldn't know, might, might not.
    guess it does? lol.
    who knows.
    anyone from here call up yesterday about this?
    lol.
    Honda Australia said that it will fit, but you have to change the whole bumper, bonet, side panels, etc etc etc ...
    more $$$$ than selling ur euro and get a new 06 model