Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    lol @ info is useless INFO !! HEHE BITE ME

EHEH Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    As far as fuels go: the US uses what it calls the Cost of Living Council (CLC) rating while Australia uses the Research Octane Number (RON). There is another rating called the Motor Octane Number (MON). The relationship is: CLC = (RON + MON)/2.

Regular unleaded in the US is 87 CLC, which is roughly 91 RON (so same as our regular). Special unleaded in the US is 89 CLC which is something like 93 RON. Premium unleaded is 91 CLC which is 95 RON. The highest normal pump fuel on the east coast of the US is typically 95 CLC (probably 98 or 99RON) while in Cali it is 92 CLC (prolly 96 or 97 RON, and this is prolly because of their CARB emissions standards). Certain service stations have higher octane fuels, but they are not the mainstreams fuels.

So that is the conversion factors from US to Aussie fuel ratings (in fact i believe RON is used pretty much everywhere except the US).

I agree, reliability has a huge amount to do with the right foot of the driver. There is only a certain amount of heat a Honda engine in stock form can take, and guys who dont understand this boost away until they cook pistons. Driving correctly (using an EGT helps) will increase the reliability dramatically.

Dynos are different everywhere, that is a known fact. The dyno is simply a device that assists a tuner to accurately tune a car, and unless the runs are made back to back, same dyno, same conditions and same operator (who has not altered the parameters) comparing dyno runs isnt at all useful.

The strips in the US may be prepared differently but they cant be that dramatically different, after all there are seriously quick non-Honda cars here that rip what the US has to offer in the same category. That there is a difference is almost certain however, just as there is a difference between tracks all over this country.

So yeh, pretty much in agreement there

if u dont think that the tracks arent that much different, look at the terminal speeds of cars down here and compared that to the cars in the usa...

as for fuels, what they say etc is also under suspicion. they think a b18c can make 300whp, comapre that to the standard of about 140kws at the wheels down here in aus..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Just thought i'd pull some random terminal speed numbers down from the US: (i simply noted the first 10 times i came across, so they are completely random and just a small sample...using just for comparison purposes and not to suggest that these are the mph that should be run for each time).

12.7@109
    13.4@107
    14.8@95
    11.8@123
    11.4@118
    12.8@109
    11.8@116
    10.9@131
    11.3@125
    11.9@119

Some aussie times for comparison:

11.7@124
    11.6@129
    11.5@117
    11.4@129
    11.3@125
    11.2@127
    10.7@143

Some of the above are comparable, while for some the US cars have a significantly lower mph. This may be track differences, however it is difficult to say as there are many other variables (ie tyres and suspension setups would definitely differ between the aussie and US cars). SO based on this sample and my judgement the jury is out on that one for me.

Explain what you mean by the fuels thing? If you just mean that people are saying "yeh i got 300hp on pump" when they really used a race fuel, that is definitely possible.

You also need to take into consideration the sea level, atmospheric temperature etc. If you think that doesn't affect times, think again.

Anyway, back on topic...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Yeh totally, i forgot to add that in my post 2 above

To summarise my point is quite simple. I dont like to repeat what others have said, even if they are in Australia for the simple fact that there are way too many variables. To be able to say anything with 100% accuracy would be to state something that had happened to you, at a certain time, doing a certain thing!

It all falls back to the point that my h22a ringland, sleeves, gearbox, clutch etc held up to the boost levels that I was running without a problem. Therefore I dont agree with the notion that the H22a ringlands are weak.

Another thing that the US example has differed to my own is the use of block gaurds. Yes it makes more common sense that getting the factory sleeves machined away and replaced with harder stronger sleeves less prone to cracking is a better way to go, yet there are 2 cars in NSW that runs blockgaurds with high boost wtihout a problem.

All it boils down to is that u should be careful what u repeat as having heard from someone, because things get misinterpreted or crucial info is left out, etc.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.S DRAG
    always remember to replace your oil cap after topping up with oil.
    I have done this now TWICE in the 8 months I have owned my car!!! My dad did it once and paid for me to get a full engine steam clean. Then a month later I did it!!!

Both times we lost the caps and they are $20 EACH!

Thats a big one to remember :P

your lucky, i blew my motor cause i didnt have enough oil, lol. expensive lesson. done it twice to, i bought myself a mugen oil cap to sorta make my mind remember. its worked so far. dont wanna lose a 100 buck oil cap
    OzH$%O is not a gang, it is a way of life.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    heheh try this:

Drove all the way from Sydney to Canberra (on a hot day), the soon as we stopped all this coolant startted comming from under the car.

Turned out I had filled the radiator with water and forgot to put the cap back on!! Luckily the cap was still sitting in the place i kept it in the engine bay
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

You guys are shocking... :shock:

Member Array
    Vic's + John,

Wait till you hear the latest thing that happened to the Misses car. :evil: