Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft Deleting

Soft Deleting

Hi Wyn and Team,

guys, I know you want to soft delete mostly everything, but some threads are better off when you perma-delete.

IMO the post a pic of yourself thread really needs to be perma-deleted ... of course not the thread itself but the spamming inside. Keep it for a few days so everyone can read then chuck the spam into the trash and throw it out of the db.

Kristin

It just is no fun going through the thread and not seeing any pics for pages just deletion notices.

sounds like a pretty valid point to me, would make such threads easier to navigate.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    i rekon its great with the spam its boring with just all pictures and no comments.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I know that I only have permission to soft delete messages and cant actually 'hard' delete them. Maybe it is a mod power that I dont have .
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    I know that I only have permission to soft delete messages and cant actually 'hard' delete them. Maybe it is a mod power that I dont have .
    ^ what he said

blame wyn

the reason why so many post were deleted is the vast majority of posts were becoming spam, bitching or nasty comments. nobody listens when anyone else says 'more pics, less spam'

comments are fine but when u have to scroll back 2-3 pages to see a pic in a pic thread it's a bit out of hand
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    I feel comments are warranted, however some members clearly take it over board and end up having 2page conversations over someones foto!

If we were to keep comments, where would we draw the line??
    I mean, if we allow for one person to make a comment, we're gonna have to allow for everyone else to have their "say" as well.

Its prob easier jst to have NO comments at all, but yeh, agree with Tai how comments do contribute to the fun of the thread.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

The comments are fun at the time of posting ... but half a year later they are unnecessary. My suggestion would be ... keep comments for about a week then hard delete them all and leave pic posts only. That way you can actually use the thread as reference. Soft deleting in there is really an issue though.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by chartinael
    The comments are fun at the time of posting ... but half a year later they are unnecessary. My suggestion would be ... keep comments for about a week then hard delete them all and leave pic posts only. That way you can actually use the thread as reference. Soft deleting in there is really an issue though.
    that sounds good.. but would add alot of work load to mods... as they would have to go thru the post and del them one by one

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    well that was why i said feel free to comment as much as you want..... as long as u include a pic with that post

the whole idea for the thread in the first place was for everyone to be involved, not just comment on other ppls pics
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by |N|
    that sounds good.. but would add alot of work load to mods... as they would have to go thru the post and del them one by one
    no, come on ... that is not true ... one can just go through and checkmark the relevant posts and at the end after having checkmarked 1267 spam posts without or broken pics hit the delete button ...

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by chartinael
    no, come on ... that is not true ... one can just go through and checkmark the relevant posts and at the end after having checkmarked 1267 spam posts without or broken pics hit the delete button ...

um... i dunno .. i have no idea how the mod interface looks like

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    i dun think hard deletion of posts is possible...hence the reason why it was all soft deletes, and the reason for the delete.
    i dont think vbulletin has that option...correct me if im wrong mods...

edit: ok, jst hada look on austeg and yeh, there is a physically remove option hehe, my bad
    Last edited by Q_ball; 22-06-2006 at 08:25 AM.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."