Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

sub moving around alot

hey guys,
    ive got a 12" sub in the back of my boot and it tends to move side to side, up and down wen i drive.. nothing happens tho but it annoys me every time i open my boot and its facing another direction..
    is there a way to secure and make it look neat without any ropes or other boxes blocking it from moving since i need boot space here and then.

thanx!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    screw it down to that wood that covers ur spare wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Try using velco- staple it to the box, and then it'll stick to the stuff on the bottom of your boot Don't use cheap velcro- get proper industrial strength one so that it can support the sub.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    velcro, works wonders, but after you velcro it down, take it easy around corners and bumps, you gotta let it settle in, some minor movement makes it stick more.
    =)

if i screw it down to the wood, will i still be able to take out my spare wheel and jack..etc?

how much would velcro cost and where will i be able to purchase it?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    bunnings.
    you can buy velcro from there.

hmmm, would the velcro be thick? coz the bottom part of my sub box isnt straight. the sides are abit longer then the middle part, so onli the sides are touching the carpet and they are very thin. Will gettin long pieces or velcro and sticking it all the way along the sides make it secure enough?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_ek4
    if i screw it down to the wood, will i still be able to take out my spare wheel and jack..etc?
    of course man
    the spare wheel in civics are tiny...

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DCFOUR
    much better option to use velcro i used it for my twin 12" kickers very heavy, used 6 strips 2 at each end and two in the middle, never had any problems sliding around, and prevents you from drilling holes in your car!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Yeh forgot to mention- try using multiple strips for added 'strength'. Make sure you staple it into the box otherwise it might even rip off (if it's only stuck on using adhesive- ie. glue).

no problemo.. thanx for the tip!
    ozhonda.com = ozhomo.com

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    roc-straps