Thread: Hey guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    hopefully 91 integra LS

Hey guys

Hey shawn from tassie here,

how you all going?

I dont have a honda at the moment, but am looking to buy a 89-92 teg LS.

Im not in it for the speed anymore, costs too much, if i were i would have kept my zed. im after fuel ecconomy, a good looking car, reliability and somewith with a good resale, i pointed myself in the way of a honda.

Im as of recent retuned to school, so ecconomy and reliability is something i need more than anything.

i like the tegs, nice looking cars. Does anyone know what i should look for when i travel to melb next month to pick one out?

Also, whats the model code on the LS? ive heard them refered to as Dc9 or something then LS, then gxi....

Plans for it would be, Fit a set of rims, order the body kit from carmate, ive peiced one together there, didnt realise there were so many different body kits in australia for them! tint the windows, add a stereo and modify the interior, and later down the track if i feel the urge for boost, may look into a turbo conversion and the VTEC head, what a combo that would be..... VTECT 2 different types of boost

In my previous role i was a mechanic, so if you need any help with anything let me know.

Cheers guys,
    Shawn

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    sounds good, hehehe welcome brother

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    welcome.
    btw, it's a da9.
    =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    hopefully 91 integra LS
    thanks guys.

DA9 eh? saves me refering to it as "the LS"

sup man
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1979 Civic Hondamatic
    G'day mate. just letting you know that you're not the only one from tassie!! ive got a 79 civic which i'm learning to fix. look forward to some helpful posts!

moldy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    hey man, i'm new too. so welcome fellow newbie! buying cars in melbourne is awful. they are so much more expensive here than every other state. i kept finding cars i wanted to buy in sydney and queensland and stuff... stupid melbourne.
    "It's not a Honda without the H!" - Superintendent Chalmers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Prelude VTiR
    hey shawn welcome to the site, i'm also a two-headed tasmanian. wierd u say ur looking for fuel economy and then wana put a turbo in ur car, kind of an oxymoron isnt it? neways if u want power and economy i'd go a vtec, i've got a 4th gen prelude vtir and i get an easy 500k's per tank, which i think is good considering i do drive hard.

by the way bronwyn, that is completely untrue about melbourne being the most expensive place for second hand cars, tassie is much worse, i picked up my prelude vtir from st kilda for $10,500 with only 145,000k's on it, down here an Si model prelude wont be advertised under $12,000! with some around $14,000!

James
    MADDZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    yeah, i dunno if the places i looked at had cars from tassie advertised. but definately compared to most of the other states, melb is right up there.
    "It's not a Honda without the H!" - Superintendent Chalmers

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Welcome to the forums Shawn!
    I'm sure your mechanical expertise will be well received here
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    lol welcome man dc9 ftw ~

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Good Morning YO!!!
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)