Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Opinion on prelude

Hi i've have just spotted a fantastic looking car on carsales. its a nighthawk black 97 lude vti-R..

cons its semi-auto.. and its done roughly 189 000 k's. but the car itself looks absolutely immaculate and is the ideal style for what i'm after!!!!!!! i luurrrv it

just wanna know if any1 here drives a semi auto lude such as this one?? and if its still the shit in comparison to a manual..also one more, is 189 000 k's pushing it for this particular car. its 13k btw.

man i would love this.

Cheers for your time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    uh.. beware of 97 lude with auto transmission.. especially the kms quite high..
    there is high possibility you will need to rebuild it when it reaches 200k..

But if you insist a lude with auto trans... try to get 99+ and change the tranny fluid at least every 20,000kms

test drive it first.. if the transmission is not shifting smoothly.. better wait for another one to come
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    Monica
    ^^ x2....spot on....

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Id say go manual.

Ive owned an auto 5th gen vtir and it was fun for awhile but the gearbox started shitting itself and gear changed werent smooth, it was very jerky and it leaked alot of oil.

So I did the best thing and swapped it for a manual 5th gen VTIR, best move i made in terms of the lude.

Feels much better to drive, goes harder, no jerky gear changes, and no probs with the tranny.

And yeah, as a general rule of thumb, try finding a car with less km's. The more there is on it, the more the engine and all the parts have gone through.

Theres plenty going around and your quite lucky the average price of the ludes has dropped quite a bit this year. I wouldnt go near it with that many km's and at that price, id say get it to 9k it would be more worth while.

Goodluck on your search buddy

hans bond.. your info was like a stake through the heart. tis probably also why its so cheap i'm guessing, u have opened my eyes, thanks

btw i don't insist on auto-trans, i really want a manual but was just wondering how the auto's go in comparison..the car just looks so good thats all, sitting there in its gorgeous black black paint in the tapering sunset. man i have a newfound hard-on for ludes.. never used to. i wonder why.

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Check out my sig for a SEK551 black 5th gen haha

hey tarks thanks for the quick feed back and your useful knowledge..clearly u have had some experience. manual really seems like the way to go then, just haven't come across one that looks as good as this. I'm probably being a bit shallow sounding... but yeah your answers are valid and will certainly be taking them on board throughout my quest for the perfect lude.

Tarks omg mate!.. that is the shit! the number plates say it all. You probably don't want to hear this but i was at half mast now i'm at full.. i wanna nice lude so bad man!! its killing me. all in time....... I WANT ONE NOW!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    hahaha relax tiger

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    ^^ yep.. it takes time to find a good one. Agreed with tarks, manual 99+ is the best of all series.. join www.preludeaustralia.com and keep your eye on 'Prelude Watch' thread
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    yeah man
    take there advice
    get a manual prelude

my auto box actually did shit itself LMAO
    ended up costing a bundle