Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord 2005 VTi Auto
    think you're comparing apples to oranges, a better comparo b/w your 98 V6 would be the V6 Accord, NOT the Euro.

Test drive the current V6 Accord, and tell us what you think

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Lux Black
    I would be less inclined to consider the 98 Accord and the Euro as comparable cars (in the same way the current V6 Accord does not go head-to-head with the Euro).

I have the Euro and my dad has his '98 V6 next to it. The V6 definitely has the torque advantage, and thus more feel on the bum-G-meter in a straight line. But make it change directions, and albeit smooth in turn, it rolls and pitches like a boat, and has a distinct "lead-tipped arrow" feel, being a nose-heavy FWD. The Euro is definitely a MUCH nimber handler (read sportier, not more comfortable). Especially given the two cars are of almost identical weight.

The '98 Accord is comparable to the Merc E-class in design philosphy, for a solid feeling car, with a heavy accelerator and has nice comfort levels for cruising about like your floating.

But gun it into a corner, and floating doesn't cut it. If I drove my dad's Accord in the same fashion and entry speeds as the Euro, there is much more body pitch and roll, the gearbox is more laggy, the engine less responsive (but more powerful), more understeer, and less agility.

The '98 Accord is indeed roomier (simply because it's wider and longer).

So it depends on what your expectations of a car are. Those who desire a E-class probably won't fancy a C55 AMG.

good post mate

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L
    Dear friends, I must say, after having made this post - I then went and took both cars for a good spin around the city this afternoon... I considered both cars as similiar vehicles of the same release year and soon realised that these vehicles are clearly so different... that's face it, the ACCORD EURO is much more fancier looking, has newer features and of course has a newer engine... but let us not forget, the V6-L was by far a more luxurious vehicle for it's time... the accord euro now only retails at around $40,000++ driveaway, whereas the 1998 Accord V6-L cost over $50,000++ driveaway... for some reason, the V6-L is smoother on the long-straight roads and just seems so much more comfortable to drive as it handles to well and really packs a kick to driving... the Accord EURO is a bit too small inside, the wheels wooble a bit and what's more... when you drive fast it feels a bit like a sports car and takes our the luxury... I have read somewhere and have heard a lot of people say that the 1998/1998 Honda Accord V6-L is the very best Honda has produced in years and still remains it's best engineered vehicle! Anyone else agree?

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L
    Friends, I have done a lot of research... and it looks like for what's it's worth and if both vehicles came out the same time... the V6-L kicks butt... read the attached link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4100748AA92U0f

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    youre getting pretty obsessed dude...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaskywalker
    the wheels wooble a bit
    Are you driving a Euro or a Lada? You should get that checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaskywalker
    1998/1998 Honda Accord V6-L is the very best Honda has produced in years and still remains it's best engineered vehicle! Anyone else agree?
    I like Accords and the Euro but can't agree any Accord model is Hondas best engineered vehicle. That feat would have to go to the s2000 or the NSX-or at least something sporting the Type R badge.

ps-who on earth gave this thread a 5 star rating. lol.
    Last edited by yfin; 25-06-2006 at 09:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Dude I think you should give your wife the V6-L and drive the Euro yourself for a week and get used to the Euro.

With my Civic that I drove for many years, going straight to the Euro was quite foreign, but now since I drive the Euro all the time and had a chance to get used to it, the Civic is now foreign for me to drive. I actually had difficulty changing the gears and steering the Civic.

If you drive the Euro for a while, I can assure you you will find that its a great car and value its features. You need to get used to a car before passing judgment
    .© ♪

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The bottomline of this discussion is....

Each to their own opinions so just let it be...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

haha i've never seen so much love for the V6-L. Just give your euro to me i wouldnt mind a spare

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    my 1988 toyota cressida is THE BEST car ive ever been in

pure pimp. just so comfortable to be in. older cars have so much charactare to them
    new cars are all just cold cheap plastic bits, with no feel to them at all

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    haha i've never seen so much love for the V6-L. Just give your euro to me i wouldnt mind a spare

Hi Chris, after reading this reply I fell of my arm-chair and hit my head on the floor laughing.... you're so funny man...

Seriously, the V6-L is just so good, so comfortable to drive in... to show how insane I am, just after 4 weeks of purchasing the Honda Accord Euro, I might just put it back onto the market... that's how much difference I see... the V6-L is just way way better in all aspects besides look... however, the V6-L is very good-looking too you know! hi hi hi

Sky