ED Civic & 380GT
    give us some pics man. Share the love of your car hehe

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kam
    my 1988 toyota cressida is THE BEST car ive ever been in

pure pimp. just so comfortable to be in. older cars have so much charactare to them
    new cars are all just cold cheap plastic bits, with no feel to them at all

Well in some ways you are right my friend... newer cars now-a-days are way too stockly and blocky... seriously peoples, look inside an old 1998-1998 Accord, prelude or even Civic and you can find the difference from the newer models nowadays... nowadays, it's all about looks outside and everything inside is mainly plastic... just look at a top-notch, well-maintained 98 Accord V6-L - after 8+ years, you still can sell it for around $17,000 on a good day... mate, they keep their value heaps better than say a Ford or a Toyota can... look at newer cars...say a 2003 Honda Accord, just after 3 years, you'll be lucky to get $22,000 for it after buying it for nearly double the price... see what I mean guys, newer cars nowadays just don't cut it!

YES - my love for my 1998 Honda Accord V6-L is paramount!

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    give us some pics man. Share the love of your car hehe

You betcha, I love my car heaps and think the 1998 Honda Accord is the best in its range forever... when it gets older, I will recondition it and will continue using it forever!!

No worries, pictures will come....

READ HERE TO SEE HOW GOOD and how much effort was put into the magnificient 1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L...

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...el_name=ACCORD

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L
    Read here and you will understand why I am so crazy about my vehicle:

http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_50...wsarticle.html

Some extracts:

THE 1998 Honda Accord gains a powerful V6 engine and all-new platform under the most thorough re-design of one of Honda's most popular car lines in its 22-year history.

The Accord V6 and V6-L models get the all-new 3.0-litre, 24-valve, SOHO VTEC V6 featuring class-leading performance from 147 kW of power and 265 Nm of torque. Like its four-cylinder counterpart, the 60-degree V6 is exceptionally smooth.

The Accord's new chassis features a new five-link double-wishbone rear suspension and a redesigned double-wishbone front suspension, combined with innovative front and rear sub frames that yield a high degree of isolation from vibration and precise, stable handling.

Honda Australia Senior Director Neal Robertson said the new Honda Accord was set to continue Accord's leadership in the Australia prestige car market.

"We have every confidence that the new Accord has what it takes to remain No. 1 in the Australian prestige market." - Honda Australia CEO

MAJOR FEATURES

Accord V6-LUXURY

2.3-litre SOHC 16-valve VTEC 4 cyl. engine producing 110 kW \@ 5700 rpm.
    5-speed manual transmission or optional 4-speed Grade Logic Control automatic.
    4-wheel double-wishbone suspension.
    Torque-sensitive variable power assisted steering.
    ABS four-wheel disc brakes.
    Dual SRS airbags.
    Air-conditioning.
    Cruise control.
    8 km/h bumpers.
    Moquette trim.
    Central locking.
    Power windows.
    Electric mirrors.
    AM/FM radio cassette with four speakers.
    Tilt-adjustable steering.
    Height-adjustable driver's seat.
    Driver's footrest.
    Fold-down rear seat with pass through and centre armrest.
    Body-coloured bumpers, mirrors and protective side mouldings.
    Remote fuel lid release.
    195/65 R15 91V tyres.
    Metallic paint.

3.0-litre SOHC 24-valve VTEC V6 producing 147 kW at 5500 rpm.
    Grade Logic Control automatic transmission as standard.
    Dual exhausts.
    Alloy wheels.
    205/65 R15 94V tyres.
    Keyless central locking.
    6-speaker stereo.
    Power height adjustable driver's seat.
    Passenger side vanity mirror light.

Leather trim.
    Electric sunroof.
    Climate control air-conditioning.
    Woodgrain console.
    6-speaker stereo.
    8-way adjustable power driver's seat.
    Auto off headlamps with 15-second delay.
    Sunglasses holder in headliner.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaskywalker
    Read here and you will understand why I am so crazy about my vehicle:

http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_50...wsarticle.html
    Nice work young skywalker. I am feeling the love.
    Last edited by yfin; 26-06-2006 at 03:46 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I don't mean to nit pick but I feel I had to make some comments back as maybe you're thinking the Euro is a car it isn't.

... the V6-L was by far a more luxurious vehicle for it's time... the accord euro now only retails at around $40,000++ driveaway, whereas the 1998 Accord V6-L cost over $50,000++ driveaway...
    That proves nothing except you get more for your money. Also consider when GST came in the cost of new cars dropped as sales tax on new cars was much higher than 10%

for some reason, the V6-L is smoother on the long-straight roads and just seems so much more comfortable to drive as it handles to well and really packs a kick to driving...
    I've driven the 2003 V6 Accord Lux and yes it was somewhat smoother but only maybe 5% more than the Euro and this is only due to the stiffer suspension of the Euro. Luxury cars like your Accord are always smoother than cars with a more sportier feel. That's why Aust Honda have 2 Accords for our market. 1 for sports and 1 for pure comfort.

... the Accord EURO is a bit too small inside
    It's a different sized car. A Focus is smaller than a Falcon. Did you not sit in the car when you bought it?
    ... the wheels wooble a bit
    You should get that looked at. Also note the Euro steering is heavier than the Accord so you feel more bumps. I like it like that cause I feel like I've driving it. The current Accord V6 has very light steering.
    ... when you drive fast it feels a bit like a sports car and takes out the luxury
    That's why most of us bought 1.

It seems to me that you should have bought a current V6 Accord Luxury. They are more aimed at the luxury market and provide that posh car status that people like that buy them.

Me: I bought me Euro because it has most of the things you don't like.

simple question: hows your gearbox btw?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    haha i've never seen so much love for the V6-L. Just give your euro to me i wouldnt mind a spare
    hehe, neither have I. The V6L is a great car, I comtemplated getting one last year. Though I can't agree that its the best car Honda has ever made. Not to mention it was somewhat of a sales flop. The leather does seem to be of a much higher quality than the Euro Luxury though.

Skywalker, it does seem as if you bought the wrong Accord. Did you even look at the Accord V6? Because that would've been a better fit for you; big, V6 power, comfortable, smooth, light steering, almost $50,000...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    This has become a really long thread!

My 2 cents: each to their own. Different people like different things in a car -- it doesn't necessarily make one better.

My personal answer: I would never own a V6-L because I don't like automatics!

As someone said earlier, the V6-L is more closely related to the other wide-body Accord: both were designed primarily with the US market in mind -- what a lot of motoring journalism has described as "boulevard cruisers". In fact, you'll also find a lot or motoring journalism describe the 6th gen as "bland" (don't have a direct reference -- do a search on http://www.drive.com.au).

Yes, the Euro is smaller inside -- it was designed to be more of a sports sedan, and you would assume than when you're punting a car hard, you'd want it to behave more like a sports car than a luxury car so that you get feedback both from the chassis and the road.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a one-eyed Euro die-hard (thgey're not a perfect car, but is anything?) and I can't say I've driven a V6-L: I'm just recounting what I've read.

I do love my Euro though, because it works for me...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I'm sure if he drives the Euro for two weeks, his wife will never see it again
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Just got my 1998, Honda Accord V6-L VTEC on friday, and i loves it. defiantly imo one of the nicest cars to drive.

I didn't get the V6-L but I got the VTi-L. no sunroof but still have everything else. i want a sunroof bad.

They are nice cars but I hate the gearbox. such a b1atch. And when lowered, u get alot of issues (clunking, ticking, all sorts of weird sounds)