Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L

Cool Are modifications possible for a 1998 Honda Accord V6-L?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask is it possible to install fog lights close to the bumpber for the 1998 V6-L Accord? Moreover, what mods do you suggest for this vehicle? If I can make my ride looks slightly better, smoother and faster... I would happily dump my new ACCORD EURO anyday and go for my beloved American-made 1998 V6-Luxury!

Regards,

SW

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    install coil over suspension and drop the ride height by 3" then screw ona set of 18" rims with loww profile tyres.

If your accord is fitted with any type or accessory like mudflaps, head light protectors, bonnet protector, windsheilds, make sure you remove them all for clean smooth look.

then throw some tints on the windows if you havnt already.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L

thanks hondaskywalker

thanks hondaskywalker, i just got my 1998 honda accourd V6-L, and wanted to ask the exact same thing, a mate has suggested that i look at getting the exaust fixed (he believes that the standard one is alittle small) up and maybe extractors fitted.

i will post anything else i find out that will improve our awesome rides, let me know if you find anthing please.

anyother suggestions from members would be great thanks all.

P.S does anyone know wear i might be able to get a nice body kit for my new baby in Oz?

Hmm...Good to see the 6th gens are coming of popularity!~ I don't have a V6 but an I4. jump onto v6performance.net for all your AV6 needs.

Sussy = any lowering too extreme u'll get problems a plenty! be sensible when doing mods. And don't listen to those that say slam it, cos u'll be regretting it (like me now). The undercarriage of the accord is very low already and more so when lowered 2".

As for rims, stock offset is +55.

Bodykit? Good luck mate

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    i just found this site http://www.shophyperformance.com/store/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/sf=/se=Honda_Accord_body_kits/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=Honda%20Accord%20Body%20Kits%20-%20$499%20Shipped.html

some nice ideas there, wish i new somwhere in Oz i could get those kits though
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    I have to change my front tires every approx 15000 kms (that's include flipping the tires), for slamming the car.. but it's worth the look.. LOL..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CK2
    wow!! our accordz are starting to get popular ... you were right jeff we are gona need our own forum soon ! haha ....

i also own the 4 cyl , and i think mine would be considered as "slammed" so if you want a daily driver i suggest you do not slam it ! lol undercarriage iz very low ... im a nut wen it comez to modz ... and jeff would be the very sensible mod person !

Dray Templer- if you are after a body kit PM me! i have sumin you mite like ! tryin to get rid of !

peace!

yep solo, i think your accord sums up slammed. You can probably scrape up road kill off the road and into your radiator...mmmmm...yummm...

Having the car lowered that amount for such a short time, i really hated driving my car, it was impractical and i was always worrying about damaging things - a car is meant for driving pleasure and enjoyment right? so up it goes woot woot.

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    if u are going to "slam it" then get sum good suspension such as adjustable coilovers so that when u know u need to be practible about things.. raise it.. when going to a show .. once u get there.. belly flop it.
    mmmz V6 accord is good- get urself an intake, or even change the standard filter to a KN replacement.
    strut bars. sway bars, sound system

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L
    Guys, I am very pleased that a lot of aussies out there appreciate the V6-L... for it's age, I feel it can still be compared headon with the likes of Mercs and BMW's today and the top-notch 1998-99 Honda Accord V6-L still kicks butt... I've relisted my Hond Accord Euro after after weeks ownership and want to get rid of it asap...

Remember peoples, it's not the age or release of a car that makes it better ... just look inside a 98 V6-L and the new-spunky 2006 Euro and you will the difference right away... forget about the fancy child-like gadgets and the cross-coloured buttons... remember, don't judge a book by it's cover... most things inside the new accords today are plastic fantastic... look for craftsmanship inside a 1998 V6-L and you will find that everything has been carefully installed, designed and engineered for superior luxury and driving experience... the V6 Vtec engine is a beast in itself... I asked my Uncle to run me down the street with my new accord euro and my trusty V6-L accelerated much faster and ran so much smoother... damn, I which all cars are made like this now... look around, all cars past 1999 are just cheap-boxes despite their spaceship-like looks, I stilll prefer a vehicle that was delicately made between 1995-1999....

Guys, if you own a 1998,1999 or 2000 Honda Accord V6-Luxury... treasure it, mod it up, fix it, love it, make love to it... hi hi ..... it's a gem!!!

People, do me a favour, do some comparisons for me please.... take your V6-L and then take your father's, mothers or granny's car and see the difference... the V6-L rides like a plane, moves like the wind and rolls like a true luxury vehicle should!!!

Sky

Banned Array
    Car:
    1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L
    Fellas,

As for mods, I suggest getting nicer 16" Alloy wheels, some nice foglits, some neon-colour rims and tint the beast up... just think about it, going cruising this summer, got the jam to the highest and the sunroof down... oh yeah, this what luxury is all about!!

haha... thats awesome. its good to see someone so enthusiastic about their car. kudos. I like my car. except it doesnt have a sunroof. but its so comfy, the ivory leather seats..mmmm.... and everything is quite well laid out. i can see where you are coming from in terms of interior. i was put off hte euro interior after the test drive. i found it too 'cheap' ->IMO<- but the engine of the euro is a great engine, as with the tiptronic (its handy!)

Putting that aside, the CG/CK accords are great cars in their own right, although as with each batch of cars ever made, they do stil have their problems. For ours, its a significant gearbox problem.