Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Toda B Vs Toda C

If i've already got toda C's on my dc2r with valvetrains done but no port polish no modified manifold would i better off replacing it with toda Bs? Or would C's still put out sufficent power but wont be used to its full potential? After dyno tuning?

I didnt get the figures i wanted after dyno tuning my car and also not happy with the way it was tuned. So would i be better off just leaving it and getting car retuned it or would it be more benifical gettin Stage 2 cams which doesnt really need any extras and then getting it dyno tuned?

Biggest issue here is getting what i can with little money. I'm no longer working and a student and it takes helllllllllllll of a long time to save up this far. Hence i ask am i better of just re-tuning it saving me money on new cams and labour but there would be no point of the C's aint beneficial in this case.
    Last edited by Mashimaro; 29-06-2006 at 04:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    reference:http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=537

Integra VTIR
    Int-230 dur. / 10.6mm lift
    Exh-227 dur. / 9.4mm lift

Civic VTIR '99 Spec
    Int-240 dur. / 10.7mm lift
    Exh-227 dur. / 9.4mm lift

Integra Type-R Pre '99 Spec
    Int-240 dur. / 11.5mm lift
    Exh-235 dur. / 10.5mm lift

Civic Type-R And Integra Type-R
    Int-243 dur. / 11.5mm lift
    Exh-235 dur. / 10.5mm lift

Rocket Motorsports M21
    IntakeLift 11.7mm / Duration 236
    ExhaustLift 11.6mm / Duration 226

Rocket Motorsports M22
    Intake Lift 12mm / Duration 236
    Exhaust Lift 12mm / Duration 226

Rocket Motorsports M24
    Intake Lift 12.9mm / Duration 262
    Exhaust Lift 12mm / Duration 270

Spoon Sports
    Int-256 dur. / 11.5mm lift
    Exh-245 dur. / 11.1mm lift

Toda Spec A
    Int-250 dur. / 11.6mm lift
    Exh-240 dur. / 11.2mm lift

Toda Spec B
    Int-255 dur. / 12.0mm lift
    Exh-245 dur. / 12.0mm lift

Toda Spec C
    Int-255 dur. / 12.5mm lift
    Exh-255 dur. / 12.5mm lift

Toda Spec D (Estimated)
    Int-265 dur. / 12.9mm lift
    Exh-275 dur. / 11.9mm lift

Toda VTEC Killer
    Int-265 dur. / 12.0mm lift
    Exh-255 dur. / 11.5mm lift

JUN Type 1
    Int-265 dur. / 10.9mm lift
    Exh-268 dur. / 10.0mm lift

JUN Type 2
    Int-267 dur. / 12.0mm lift
    Exh-265 dur. / 10.9mm lift

JUN Type 3
    Int-265 dur. / 12.0mm lift
    Exh-265 dur. / 11.5mm lift

Skunk2 Stage 1
    Int-252 dur. / 11.6mm lift
    Exh-249 dur. / 10.8mm lift

Skunk2 Stage 2
    Int-266 dur. / 12.3mm lift
    Exh-262 dur. / 11.8mm lift

Skunk2 Stage 3
    Int-270 dur. / 12.8mm lift
    Exh-279 dur. / 11.8mm lift

Skunk2 Turbo (specs seem low? I called them, the VTEC now has less overlap, great for turbo )
    Int-230 dur. / 9.7mm lift
    Exh-225 dur. / 8.9mm lift

Crane Stage 1
    Int-243 dur. / 11.6mm lift
    Exh-237 dur. / 10.8mm lift

Crane Stage 2
    Int-248 dur. / 12.0mm lift
    Exh-242 dur. / 11.6mm lift

Crane Stage 3
    Int-254 dur. / 12.4mm lift
    Exh-248 dur. / 12.0mm lift

Crower 400 (not converted yet)
    Int- dur. / 10.7mm lift
    Exh- dur. / 9.6mm lift

Crower 401 (not converted yet)
    Int- dur. / 11.3mm lift
    Exh- dur. / 10.5mm lift

Crower 401T (not converted yet)
    Int- dur. / 11.8mm lift
    Exh- dur. / 11.3mm lift

Crower 402A
    Int-232 dur. / 11.8mm lift
    Exh-228 dur. / 11.8mm lift

Crower 402
    Int-237 dur. / 11.8mm lift
    Exh-228 dur. / 11.8mm lift

Crower 403
    Int-246 dur. / 12.0mm lift
    Exh-238 dur. / 11.8mm lift

Crower 411T
    Int-242 dur. / 11.8mm lift
    Exh-238 dur. / 11.3mm lift

Crower 412
    Int-260 dur. / 11.8mm lift
    Exh-252 dur. / 11.8mm lift

Crower 413
    Int-269 dur. / 12.0mm lift
    Exh-258 dur. / 11.8mm lift

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i don't think the specs mean much to mashi.... or the majority of ppl on ozhonda for that matter. your post did not answer a single one of his questions

that's like throwing a 4 year old an encyclopdia and telling them to read.
    anyone can read specs but understanding what they mean is another thing.

(i don't mean to be a c*nt jimmeh but i'm sure u get what i mean? )
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    To my knowledge Toda C (And other Stage 3) camshafts, because of there high lift and duriation need quite a high Compression ratio to make power. But your car being a type R I would think would already have a high compression ratio, but perhaps something around the area of 12 - 12.5:1 is needed.

Perhaps try refining some searches around this topic may bring some results.

- Kyle

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    QUOTE http://www.modacar.com

"Toda Racing offers high compression forged pistons for the Honda B series DOHC VTEC engines. The kit comes complete with forged pistons, rings, clips, and heavy duty wrist pins. Offers great gains when combined with Spec B and Spec C camshafts. Toda pistons maintain the Honda factory piston to wall clearance and allow for quiet and reliable operation."

You definately need high comp pistons and i don't think your pistons are above 12.5:1 anything lower than this your wasting your time with toda c.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    why dont you go straight to the source and ring or PM adrien at toda

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    u need above 12.5:1 comp to take any advanatge from these cam's. That or a turbo :P ALso u need to rev higher.

to panda: this guy hasnt learnt a thing and now has wasted his money a shitty combination of parts and is blaming everyone else. If he had a little more theory in his repatour, he WOULD not have made the mistake. Jimmeh answered things perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    u need above 12.5:1 comp to take any advanatge from these cam's. That or a turbo :P ALso u need to rev higher.

to panda: this guy hasnt learnt a thing and now has wasted his money a shitty combination of parts and is blaming everyone else. If he had a little more theory in his repatour, he WOULD not have made the mistake. Jimmeh answered things perfectly.
    Have I stated once I blamed anyone else? No. Have i said I paid for the cams? What it was already there when i purchased my car? And obviously I don't know the theory behind hence i asked for a bit of advice which you answered and many others so i can fix the problem.

You really need to check the facts before attacking others. My knowledge aint that great hence I'm asking for a bit of advice.
    Last edited by Mashimaro; 01-07-2006 at 04:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashimaro
    Have I stated once I blamed anyone else? No. Have i said I paid for the cams? What it was already there when i purchased my car? And obviously I don't know the theory behind hence i asked for a bit of advice which you answered and many others so i can fix the problem.

You really need to check the facts before attacking others. My knowledge aint that great hence I'm asking for a bit of advice.
    You blamed the tuner. Dont make me quote u. U have no idea, yet u had the nerv to criticise a someone who knows how to operate and tune a PowerFC/Dyno.

A little bit of advice, think before u post, idiot. Idiots cant build FAST NA honda's. This has been demonstrated thousands of times over by Ozhonda members. *sigh*

I didn't blame the tuner for the internals i blamed the tuner for the unfortunate tuning. My car does not even rev past 7.2rpms because it chokes and dropps out. It doesnt even hit vtec any more as vtec is set at 7.4 and as stated car dropps out at 7.2rpm. My car wasnt doing this prior to tuning. Once again i will admit the my limited knowledge but its pretty obvious its the tuners fault for the car to choke out. And i've had a second and third opinon from other tuners that the first tuner boged my tuning. I wouldnt make such a claim if i didnt get a second opinon or in this case third opinon.

I admit I did blame the tuner for lack of power but I do take that back since i've found out the combination was wrong but he still stuffed up the tuning. The driveablity of my car is now screwed. I also found out my car is one of many that his stuffed up. I do kick myself for not doing further research at the time but gotta live with that one.

Can i aslo ask another noob quetion or am i gonna get attacked by you again? For those that can asnwer this question do i need to further change fuel pumps, injectors if i replace cams wiht toda b or can i get away with stock parts?
    Last edited by Mashimaro; 01-07-2006 at 05:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    you're stock fuel system will cope fine