Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )

Engineering cert. experiences

Hey all,

that time of the month where the eg is ready hopefully to get engineered. Has anyone on these forums actually had their car engineered for an engine conversion?

basically i have done full brake swap/sussy swap from jap dc2, custom 2.5in exhaust, polyurethane filled mounts, havnt put in new air con hoses yet, and coilovers (hotbitz) ohh and the b18c sirg.

if anyone has had any experiences in getting their car engineered or knows a lot about it post away or pm me!

also will i have problems with:

exhaust being custom not passing emissions/noise?

air con hoses twisted?

coilover suspension?

also any recommended engineers places to go?

help appriciated...
    egb18ct
    Last edited by EGB18CT; 04-07-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Why are u gettin engineered?
    Is this reqd for the susp. alterations?

Just did a B18C CRX,1590cc-1797cc,it didnt need engineering,only 13% increase in displacement.Up to 15% allowed.

Sorry:just realised ur in melb,I'm in syd,maybe different.
    Last edited by CRXer; 04-07-2006 at 10:15 AM.

Im also hoping to get mine engineered soon. In Melb you only need to get the VASS Certificate. Its the same certificate you need to register import cars under the 15 year rule.

Theres more info on the VicRoads website
    http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/...F000CC9AE?open

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yes i have seen that vass stuff, isnt it the same as a engineering cert as they measure emissions, look over car etc??? im in melb and aparently i need vass cos im over 10% displacement rule errrrr. i havnt tried to go vic roads and change the engine number yet, mite give it a go to see if it will slide past. but still would like to know about the engineer process....

what have u done to ur cAR WEEZER? is the vass the same process as engineer as it is completed by the engineer, so will emissions get tested, coilovers checked etc...

Any engine that was never issued as factory option will need a VASS cert. I dont believe you need emissions test if you"re using factory ECU. I also have a B18 in an EG

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    rang up a place in richmond and he recons its 300 1st inspection and 300 for final and report but this was foe eng cert. maybe its different since u need a vass form now, aparently the exhaust noise gets measured? ive heard of people paying 350 for the vass somewhere is this true?

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    ppl engineer their cash so that they can clear defects easier. if u only did a type R swap i wouldnt even bother. cos when coppers pop the bonnet all they see is a honda motor.

no turbo , no intercooler and youll be good

Im getting VASS Certificate for insurance purposes. But having said that, i've been defected about 3 times with the B18C and they didnt say anything lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    thats the thing tho jimmeh, it will be turboed later on hopefully around december/jan, so if i put the kit on then i have to get the whole lot at once engineered and more hasstles passing emissions etc... this way i only engineer the motor. plus i need it for insurance... if it wasnt for that i wouldnt bother... anyway...

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    it'll be easier to get the cert for the engine than it will be for the turbo.

in vic turbo conv are supposed to be epa'd afaik??

let us (or at least me) know which engineer u use and how ya go
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    let us (or at least me) know which engineer u use and how ya go
    yeah, let me know too. When my car is finally running I want to get mine engineered too.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by ekslut
    yeah, let me know too. When my car is finally running I want to get mine engineered too.
    haahaha i feel your pain, i really do

bloody ED's! grrrrrr
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan