Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    For those who dont have a clue what Scorpio is on about...the IACV = Idle Air Control Valve - which controls your idle , in relation to the brake booster and coolant flow etc.

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Basically , on a older engine (D series or B series ) you may develop a slightly chugging idle for no apparent reason...AND if u press the brake the idle drops further ??? BEFORE you replace that engine , try cleaning ur IACV first !

Required: 1 x 12mm wrench , 1 x can of Carb/brake cleaner , 1 x phillipshead screwdriver and a old rag to absorb coolant leakage.

Steps:

Locate your IACV , which on D series engines its mounted on the rear of the intake manifold near the throttle body, and on F series engines its mounted towards the front of the car on the intake manifold near the throttle body.

Next , make sure your engine is off ofcourse , and then disconnect your Negative terminal upon your battery.

To remove it, all you need to do is take the 2 12mm bolts out, disconnect the electrical connection/s (simple plugs), and 2 heater lines that run to it. (note put a rag on the heater lines so it doesnt spill everywhere)

Next , take some brake cleaner or carb cleaner and spray out the screen, which as you can see is very clogged on my lil ZC

NOTE you can also take off the bottom part ( 3 phillips head screws) and inspect the gasket to make sure its clean and dirt free..and to check the small rubber grommet inside

After spraying a nice amount onto the screen...give a few hours or so to let dry - Then put back together and re-attach in the exact same method !

Idle problems may be gone!

Umm...only really beneficial to Older engines or more thrashed stallions remember....just to clense those clogged holes

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    nice DIY
    i wish i got time to take pics and post some DIY job i did
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

any idea where it is on the b series

Good idea to get ethier a air compressor or dust off (from computer shops) to clean it right out after using the carb cleaner and also to dry it off...

Spray the cleaner for around 3-5 mins then air out for 3-5 mins do again and leave for around 2 hours to dry off then reinstall.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleym
    any idea where it is on the b series
    It's on the back side of the manifold right by the throttle body. Basicly in the same place as this one was. Same cleaning procedure too.

hmm aiight i dun think i wanna go playinwif it until i kno the eact location haha

cheers thoguh

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    sounds like something to do over the weekend. you can help me out stanely

good writeup, very clear
    You never go ass to mouth!

Member Array
    Car:
    a honda i guess...
    bought a can of TB cleaner couple of weeks ago to clean my TB, might as well clean the IACV whilst im at it. been having some idling probz lately, seem's like a worthwhile DIY. hope it'll fix it.

great write up btw

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    found my IACV on the under side of the plenum near the throttle body... absolute bitch to get to... d16y4 BTW...
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Ben any chance of a pic of the location of the unit before you removed it? Might help us less literate ones out
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo
    Ben any chance of a pic of the location of the unit before you removed it? Might help us less literate ones out
    illiterate you guys maybe , but there is an obvious picture right at the begining lol
    Here it is again , for D series - same application for B series etc. Look around !

just finishshed doin it

those heater lines are a b!tch to get off haha cut my hands up good

aint tested the car yet but will soonish