Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

dc5 head/leg room

hey tegars... just curious, whats the headroom and legroom like in the back of the dc5?
    back when i was honda shopping i was tossing up between dc2 or eg.
    i sat in the back of the dc2 (passenger space is a must for me) and thought yeah this is ok. when i was looking around the car i realised the hatch was up and my head was actually sticking out of the car
    i closed the hatch and nearly broke my neck. i forgot to check the legroom cause straight away i thought 'well this can f* off'.
    i ended up with an ek anyway and have always been surprised when my mates say 'dun worry bout your seat mate, i got plenty of room'.
    so yeah... dc5... what r they like in the back?
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    in the back? lol hmmz....a lot roomier than the dc2's however id still hesitate to make a person over 6 foot sit in the back.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

The DC5 suffers from the same problems as a DC2 in the back. Although the DC5 appears to have a higher roof line, room in the back is crippled by the low slopping hatch. Anyone in the 6 foot + mark will not enjoy a long drive in the back :P

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    bummer
    thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    hey.
    are u seriously gonna sit i the back when its your own car?
    my brother owns a 02 dc5r.
    im 178cm tall and when i sit in the back my head touches the top.
    hope this helps.

when I sat in the back of my DC5 (i let my friend drive + his gf at the front), I hit my head on the top (im 183cm).

Leg room behind passenger side is quite roomy (leg room on passenger front seat is huge.. so move forward!)

basically. if you want to be comfortable behind the driver side (assuming driver is average height), yup.. not really going to happen

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i'm about 185cm and most of my mates (and couple of their g/f's) are similar height. i often have passengers so decent room in the back is a must for me. sounds like tegs are pretty much ruled out (unless i win lotto and can afford 2 cars )

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    couple of my friends have dc2rs and dc5rs and id say the rear leg and head room is not as bad as i thought.. well not compared to other 2 drs..
    im 178cm or so and i barely clear the rear winshield

leg room is okay if u make the front passangers move abit forward.. then sit in the back and spread ur legs lol..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    i sat in teh back of my dc4 other day, and relised it had a sunroof for the back seaters.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by kraiye
    hey tegars... just curious, whats the headroom and legroom like in the back of the dc5?
    back when i was honda shopping i was tossing up between dc2 or eg.
    i sat in the back of the dc2 (passenger space is a must for me) and thought yeah this is ok. when i was looking around the car i realised the hatch was up and my head was actually sticking out of the car
    i closed the hatch and nearly broke my neck. i forgot to check the legroom cause straight away i thought 'well this can f* off'.
    i ended up with an ek anyway and have always been surprised when my mates say 'dun worry bout your seat mate, i got plenty of room'.
    so yeah... dc5... what r they like in the back?
    cheers
    Its a road going track car, not a passenger car, but there is plenty of leg and head room in the front.
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    front = AWESOME

back... everyone one that has gotten in the back of my car has complained about a headach after getting out.... this may be due to the noise the car makes at V-tec..... or there head hitting the C-Piller all the time..... there is space... but not alot... lets just say its better then my mums "4 seater" Alfa GTV

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    i'm 6ft, and i'm sure the seat is about 1/3 from the rear stops on the front seats. I have long legs and long arms. On the other hand, if you need more head room, i think hondas most roomiest for headroom is the s2000. You can put your passengers in the boot.
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)