Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[Euro] Rear pad DB part no?

Hey, My euro is up for new rear brake pads! I am so supprised the rear has run out before the front! But Honda sais it's very normal on the euro's

I really don't wanna have to pay Honda $250 to change the rear pads, i'd preffer to do them myself, Next step is trying to find the rear pads! I was just going to put some bendix advance in the rear but bendix doesn't make them! Does anybody have a DB part number for the 05 euro rear pads?!!?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    How many KM have you done ? Rear pads should last a long while unless you do hand brake turns

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Wow, $250 for new rear pads. Try some other brands like Ferodo, Endless, or even EBC. For Jap and UK brands, just look for pads that suit 05 Accord's cos I'm sure their normal Accord is our Euro, no the seppo one.
    Last edited by Slugoid; 04-07-2006 at 09:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    REV888, doesnt the handbrake have its own drum on the rear axle? I dont think they use the rear brake pads.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ...and yeah buy some aftermarket brakes since the oem honda brake pads are a bit crap on the euro.

Shame Bendix dont make euro pads
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just get the rear DB number from one of the cars on this list:
    http://ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.ph...0&postcount=59
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    REV888, doesnt the handbrake have its own drum on the rear axle? I dont think they use the rear brake pads.
    The handbrake engages the rear brake pads. That's why when you compress the pistons on the rear calipers, you need to rotate it clockwise while pushing in.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    The handbrake engages the rear brake pads. That's why when you compress the pistons on the rear calipers, you need to rotate it clockwise while pushing in.
    Yeah after viewing the workshop manual, thats how it looks for the 4D euro.
    Although the 5D euro wagon appears to use a parking brake drum/pad, but its hard to be certain since the manual is a bit vague.
    .© ♪

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    my rear brake pad wears faster than the front as well, and this is on EBC green stuff. rear has 5mm left, front has 6mm left

I've got 5000kms stock rear pads for sale!
    or aftermarket high temp brake pads for sale.

pm me if you're interested!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    Yeah after viewing the workshop manual, thats how it looks for the 4D euro.
    Although the 5D euro wagon appears to use a parking brake drum/pad, but its hard to be certain since the manual is a bit vague.
    Yup, you're right. The wagon uses parking brake shoes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks for all the replies! I really wanna just put oem pads in there! nothing flash and i don't really use the brakes that hard (car has 41,000km), But i do have heavy 19 inch wheels that have been under the euro since 200km old which wouldn't help the brake wear. I was very supprised that the rear pads had gone so quickly! There is no noise comming but they only have around 5,000 left in them! Honda advised me the fronts have plently left in them.

I guess i'll be going for Honda gen rear pads as i want to install them this saturday, i don't wanna run the risk of running them low !

If only bendix made the pad!!