[F1] Honda get Magny Course Aero update

onda to get Magny Cours update
    A much-needed update to the RA106
    04/07/06 12:16

Honda seeking a performance jump in France
    Honda hopes to turn around its disappointing recent form with a heavily revised car at Magny Cours.

Team driver Jenson Button, who has not scored a single point in four races, expects to trial the updated RA106 at Jerez this week.

"I am itching to get the new aerodynamic package," the BBC report Button as saying, adding that the update should be a 'good step forward'.

But Button explained: "It won't be the end of it, it won't change it around completely but it will definitely move us forward. "

The 26-year-old was caught up in the first-corner melee at Indianapolis, while team-mate Rubens Barrichello finished the race sixth of the nine finishers.

"It's not where I want to be," Button admitted, "but there's no use moping around, we have to keep pushing and keep everyone motivated."

E.A.
    Source GMM

Looks to be a totally new front wing among other things.. thanks to the new wind tunnel no doubt... hopefully this will result in some positive gains...

The Honda definitely needs some top speed on top of their aero package.

Rechecked the speed traps - the difference between Honda and Renault at the beginning was really small. And so was the gap.

Now, there is a 10km/h deficient compared to the Ferraris and BMW. Renault seems to be getting slower in top speed as well for the last few races but were still winning (bar Indianapolis).

But there are so many engine failures again with Honda lately, both in races as well as in Testing. They're pushing it to the limit all the way - its all or nothing mentality. They seem to want to push for at least 1 win this year?

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    looks sexier..

shall be a good french gp,
    Although i dont care about honda that much, it will hopefully put them closer to the top of the pack now.

Also willams is getting new aero.
    And super aguri will have a new chassis. Which are the two teams that i have the most interest in.

Yeah well Honda seems to have a lot of problems with its suspension and tyre set up as well - u always hear them complaining (especially Button) on the lack of tyre grip... hmmm.

Overall, big contrast to the McLaren-Honda Senna days when Honda had the best engine!

Super Aguri was lapping quite fast in the US Grand Prix, surprisingly. I too anticipate what they can bring forth with a new chassis package!