Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legend

Wobbly take off 98 Legend

Hey guys,
    For some reason my 98 Legend seems to wobble when it takes off, any ideas? It seems to be coming from the left front wheel but not 100% sure. I just want to see if anyone has any ideas about it before taking it to the mechanics when I have abit of free time. Any else had a similary problem? It is lowered with 17"... perhaps that might have something to do with it? i was told it was a brush?... bush?.. something like that ... big noob here. Thanks!

hey dude, wobble when taking off. hmm...does it wobble when its on idle - i.e. sitting at the lights iwth ur foot on the brake (if yes, then check engine mounts). Since its lowered, then I can presume the sussy has been taken out then put back in. Make sure your strut top nuts are nice and tight (accessed through engine bay) - these nuts hold the sussy to the car. Also every other nut/bolt that was touched when doing this sussy install - tighten em.

Wheel buckled?

Wheel bearings shot (someone please comment )

I don't know much more else but i'm sure others would post in here in due time, so sit tight

Member Array
    Car:
    LEVIN GTV
    Im having the same problems mate.

Fixed the CV joints - not the problem

Heared it could be wheel bearings, or possibly bushes.

Im going to get the mechanic to tighten every piece of suspension in the front area. If not im going to get a wheel bearing kit, and get them to install it. If that doesnt work, im going to get a new set of bushes.

Hoping that will sort itself out.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    hey dude, wobble when taking off. hmm...does it wobble when its on idle - i.e. sitting at the lights iwth ur foot on the brake (if yes, then check engine mounts). Since its lowered, then I can presume the sussy has been taken out then put back in. Make sure your strut top nuts are nice and tight (accessed through engine bay) - these nuts hold the sussy to the car. Also every other nut/bolt that was touched when doing this sussy install - tighten em.

Wheel buckled?

Wheel bearings shot (someone please comment )

I don't know much more else but i'm sure others would post in here in due time, so sit tight
    not meaning to hijack the thread at all, i have a similar problem with my teg.

could you explain how engine mounts might cause this? im not questioning it, i just dont understand

cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legend
    Hey guys,
    it only wobbles when i take off. It wobbles for like maybe 5 seconds or so... hmm yeah could be the CV joints or bushes. Dont know about the wheel bearings or wheel buckle... wheel bearings usually make a loud noise similar to shonky CV joints.. wheel buckle.. (no idea).. well i've got the saturday off and going to take it to Hanny's and see. Yay... more money down the drain.

Hey Mr Will, more than happy to help with my limited knowledge.

Engine mounts are the things that hold the engine to the chasis and keep the engine stable ('locked down') when it is working. If an engine mount is busted, and when the engine is revolving (under throttle), naturally the engine will move around more. And you will feel it through the chasis and cabin.

hope the helps dude.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    Hey Mr Will, more than happy to help with my limited knowledge.

Engine mounts are the things that hold the engine to the chasis and keep the engine stable ('locked down') when it is working. If an engine mount is busted, and when the engine is revolving (under throttle), naturally the engine will move around more. And you will feel it through the chasis and cabin.

hope the helps dude.
    thanks for the explanation

maybe i misinterpreted...is this guy talking about wobbling as in his idle is moving around different rpm, or a physical wobbling of the car?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legend
    Okai, I had it checked out and I was told it was the CV joints. But if it was the CV joints, wouldnt it usually make noises as well? He also told me to raise my car up abit because it had was killing the CV joints.

Member Array
    Car:
    98/99 v6 accord
    i had 2 engine mounts snapped and all it did was make the motor jump when it shifted hard,i reckon wheel bearings...

Member Array
    Car:
    LEVIN GTV
    I had the same problem mate, got my cv joints fixed and it still happened. My guess is the wheel bearings, but let me know how you go. I have to get my car checked out soon too...

GL