Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir

removing angel eye headlight plastic cover

does anyone know if its safe to remove the aftermarket angel eyes headlight cover using a oven or would it be safer using a heater, seeing it is to hard to tell the quality of these aftermarket products has anyone tried taking it off or have any knowledge of it, ps there plastic...i dont want to put it in an oven only to see it melt away along with $400 lol any help would be great thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I've sent several pairs of aftermaket lights through the oven without a problem. The key is to keep a very close eye on things. Set the oven to 250f and let it heat up. Meanwhile, take a cookie sheet, and set a wet towel on it. When the oven is up to temp, turn the oven off, and put the light in the oven. Keep a close eye on things, and keep checking, to make sure the plastic isn't melting. As long as you keep a close eye on things, you should be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir
    hmm thanks alot man, so doing it with a heater..= no point, stick to oven??

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    you can do it with a heat gun, but it takes a lot more patience and it's even easier to melt certain sections..

personally, I remove the lens with the oven, and put it back on with the heat gun, because it's much much easier to apply even heat to the sealant without the lens on the light