suspension issue?

When i take turns i hear squeaking noises from the rear, what could the problem be?

is your car lowered? what springs? oem? tell us more

I get squeaking as well. but my car is lowered. sounds as if the struts are too stiff for the chasis. usually the addition of other handling equipment like strut braces, etc, etc will tighten everything else up eliminating alot of the chasis twisting (so to speak)

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Need more info........and a better explanation please
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal

I get squeaking as well. but my car is lowered. sounds as if the struts are too stiff for the chasis. usually the addition of other handling equipment like strut braces, etc, etc will tighten everything else up eliminating alot of the chasis twisting (so to speak)
    i find the more items i add the more noises
    as most after market parts use harder materials them OEM eg. bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by SiReal

My suspension is OEM, not lowered. And squeaks when i go over bumps. Once when i changed tyres at the rear, the side that squeaks stayed rised, it went down though when i started driving it. Any ideas?

Can anyone help?

well if its stock, the best advice, is to take it to a mechanic/suspension shop who will do some tests for you. if u say it squeeks when it turns, then i dont really have a clue.

when u change a tyre, and let the car back down, the side that was raised will stay like that for a bit, then slowly settle again. that is normal.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Check all your bushings and ball joints.
    Could be your springs but more likely to be a worn bushing/ball joint.

I think alot of our hondas are starting to get a bit creaky in the suspension bushings. I have 2 EG's and both are like this.

Problem can be resolved by having your rear suspension setup looked over by a mechanic and have bushings replaced.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Check each shock to see if any fluid weeping/leaking at top seal area.Try spraying a suitable(not sure whats available now) lubricant under the bellows on each shock to see if that eliminates the noise.Sometimes a dry seal will cause noise(especially after rain when it dries out).Sometimes it just the seals inside and there's nothing to do but replace the strut/shock.If your car is not settling after being jacked up that could indicate a crook shock.How old is the car, and the struts?Hit any kerbs sideways while drifting lately lol ??

Quote Originally Posted by avid
    Check each shock to see if any fluid weeping/leaking at top seal area.Try spraying a suitable(not sure whats available now) lubricant under the bellows on each shock to see if that eliminates the noise.Sometimes a dry seal will cause noise(especially after rain when it dries out).Sometimes it just the seals inside and there's nothing to do but replace the strut/shock.If your car is not settling after being jacked up that could indicate a crook shock.How old is the car, and the struts?Hit any kerbs sideways while drifting lately lol ??
    car is about 15 years old and have hit no kerbs, lol. if there is a crook shock, how much might it cost to fix?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985

Problem can be resolved by having your rear suspension setup looked over by a mechanic and have bushings replaced.
    will the ride feel any different if the bushings are gone? like will it feel more bumpier? softer? or doesnt make much difference in handling cept for noise?

bushings are very important - they are the things that pivot. so if ur car didn't have bushings or they were all shot (i.e. broken), then imagine grinding down the metal components.

its like your elbow and knee joints. if u didnt have them, then u'd be walking on bone to bone contact.