Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alan
    couldn't find it on the website
    Yeah it isnt on the website for some reason. I just sent them an email and they emailed me back with a price and a place close to me where i could get one from.

probably cost u a lot to get a custom stainless steel one made up...

just get a mandrel bent mild steel done...

actually, since u have an EK4... why not just buy a proper branded one?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    PM fueltank on these forums. He might be able to help with an Xforce twin loop.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hahaha y does me having a ek4 mean i can afford a spoon N1 or woteva? not rich man... i bought the car the hard way,.... myself...

8)

thanks jone... will do...

lol no sorry i didn't mean it like that...

understandable, i bought my car myself too.

but if there was such a thing as a bolt on aftermarket cat back for my car.. it's what i'd be saving for.

how much are u planning on spending all up??

cat + piping + muffler? (inc. labour)??

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    PM fueltank on these forums. He might be able to help with an Xforce twin loop.
    Yeah fueltank hooked me up. The twin loop comes in 2 versions. The civic one is flatter and has a angled tip. The one which looks like the Mugen ones tend to be too low and may knock chassis.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    fueltank is d dealer y0! :P

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    hey my exhaust piping is 60mm! how many inches is that?? i worked it out to be 2.36" but im not sure if my metric standards r correct (25.4mm = 1 inch?)

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    2.38"

I'm sure I had the fight over msn with you anyways :P

i thought standard size was more like 1.75 or so... anyway, 2-2.25 is fine, get some mandrel bends done
    フジタエンジニアリング

I'm guessing mandrel bends are bends in the pipe done with a machine called a mandrel. What are the benefits of having bends and what are the benefits furter of having mandrel bends?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    i'm planning on spenidng around 800 bucks installed... right now looking at just getting a high flow cat, and mugen muffler twin loop (replica unless i can find one cheap) and keep piping...

and nah i cheked with the mechanic... had to get a new water pump... the car was jacked up... the guy measured it in front of me and said 2 inches... doubt he could screw that up

oh and for the 2 v 2.25 thing

the mechanic basically said (a lot of it flew over my head)...

1. he's been doing htis for 30 odd years
    2. a 1.6 litre only would need over 2inches where either Force induction is being used or i'm running over 160kw at wheel
    3. its because small NA need "scavenging" effect, and 2.25 would mean that this would only kick in at high rpms... reducing its usefulness in normal day driving. His example wsa that either at traffic light grand prix, or especially taking ur car on twisties.. 2inch would be a better application as u tend ot use low revs more... there arent that many corners u can maintain 4500+ rpm on... (and even if u can theoretically doesnt mean the driver, me, can do that...)

according to him it cmes down to drivability, and overall package... getting a bit of top end over lots of low end loss isnt practical on road twisties or normal traffic

he DID however metnion that it >>>MIGHT<<< be a good application for track... where u can maintain high sppeds/RPM

and another source (HI Kit!!!) said even mugen agrees with this implicitly by only making a muffler, basically deeming that 2inches is enough...

So there... from all those opinioins, i tend to want to stick to 2inches... i trust the mechanic guy a fair bit, he seems to know wot he's doing...

BUT, still open to opinions!!

thanks guys

Garry