Hybrid View

Gear Box Problem

Hey guys does anyone know if running realli low on tranny fluid can seriously harm the gearbox?
    i started driving and the gearbox was a little bit harder to shift... then after a little while... it became impossible to shift at all...
    i had to double clutch rev match it to within a 100rpm to get into gear (its damn annoying and scary) or it doesnt get into gear and sometimes crunches like hell ...
    and when im upshifting, i have to shift so softly and wait for the gearbox to be the same speed to shift... and this suddenly happens to every gear...
    anyone had something like this happen?
    also which part of the car uses tranny fluid to lubricate it? cos starting off the light is now also impossible
    thanks

Have you check your fluid levels recently??

I'm not much of an expert on this, but I wouldn't be driving around until I have changed the tranny fluid - probably need to do this ASAP. Then I'd maybe take it down to the Honda service centre to check that everything is ok.

the thing is , WHY are you running low on tranny fluid ? Its sealed , and should not "use" fluid over time. There has to be a leak somewhere.
    BTW get it checked out asap as running low on MTF or similar is not good and can cause extreme damage.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you might be up for a bearing or two in the future

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    what about the clutch fluid
    maybe theres not enough pressure

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 S2 Chaser, DC4, S5
    agreed, get it checked out asap.

I've already had one re-build and prices get into scary-town if the damage is extensive enough. Which gear feels the worst? 2nd?

As a guess i would say bearings.

Yep, as above. A newly rebuilt gearbox for me set me back a grand...

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    When you mean fluid is low how do you know that? did you drain it?
    Its alittle hard to tell.

If the gears do not wanna go in it could bea clutch prob. It sounds like your thrust bearing is no engaging
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    undo the filler bolt and finger it .
    if you finger gets juiced, then fluid levels are fine..

then check your clutch mc system..

if all else fails u gotta pop you gbix off for further inspection

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Blitz i knew that i was checking he knew it and was not just saying it
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

hey guys thanks for the help
    it felt like the tranny fluid was low cos my car was leaking a bit of tranny fluid before, only a little bit tho... wasn't gonna fix it until i needed a clutch change cos labour to fix it would be too much for just the fix...
    anyhow, i got it checked out, guess what? limbo it was along the lines with what u said...
    the clutch actually broke off, the pressure plate was actually like... it fell off or something...
    so i had to drive with my clutch semi disengaged... thats y shifting was sooo hard... had to sooo concetrate... it so like driving without stepping on the clutch, but only a bit easier then that
    anyway... anyone had someting like that happen before?
    it feels like something that would never happen...