Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    This sounds like the windscreen cowl problem! Does it sound like a loud crack? Because i know how to fix this one for good. Let me know

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    Whenever i hit vtec i get a rattle that sounds like its comming from the glovebox
    Normal - turn your thermostat all the way down on the heater (even if air flow is off) and see if it still does it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Another rattle ... this one is a tapping rattle that only occurs when the aircon/heater is turned on. And becomes louder when I turn the fanspeed manually up.

So I'm going to provisionally diagnose a foreign object somewhere in the system. But how am I meant to find it or remove it? It's coming from the vents near the windscreen.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    That could be just a leaf stuck in the vents.

Check the air filter behind the glove box. If you dont find anything, then you can try driving 100m with the fans off, then suddenly turn the fan up full blast, then down again and so on until it dislodges. Keep the revs at around 2500rpm so there is a bit of vibration going through the car.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    Whenever i hit vtec i get a rattle that sounds like its comming from the glovebox
    EXACTLY the same here. It annoys me. I also have a gear train whine all the time. I havent had any warranty work since I bought it but im going to book it in for a good fixing up!
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu
    EXACTLY the same here. It annoys me. I also have a gear train whine all the time. I havent had any warranty work since I bought it but im going to book it in for a good fixing up!
    Sounds like ball bearings in a bottle. Well, it happens to most Euros and TSX. And supposedly it's the coolant cavitating.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    I had a rattle from the left side too.It was the slide down bracket that holds the glove box door from dropping down too far.It had too much free play in the closed position.I fixed it temporarily by cutting out a small square of foam,putting a cut in it so it would slide over the curved bracket and wedge between the door and glove box when closed.Mentioned to the mechanic on first service,and he said he fixes them all the time by taking the door off and adding more grease to the back part of the bracket(you cant see it with the glove box door on)He did it in front of me, but it looked a little too temporary to me so he put my piece of foam on again,but this time behind the glove box door.Problem solved.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Nice, I'll try the foam fix after this. If it works, rep points to you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY06 Euro Luxury

Seat Belt Adjuster Rattle

Does anyone have a fix for the seat belt adjuster rattle, I note it was raised earlier by Cranial. I asked at my 10k service for the dealer to check and they said they tightened it (really didn't help much). This is such an annoying buzz rattle.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    nice info avid. my euro is totally quiet except for one intermittent rattle on the left somewhere, hopefully its the glove box.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris73
    Does anyone have a fix for the seat belt adjuster rattle, I note it was raised earlier by Cranial. I asked at my 10k service for the dealer to check and they said they tightened it (really didn't help much). This is such an annoying buzz rattle.
    Nope. I think one dude in the US went as far as filling the seat belt adjuster with grease! LOL. If it is possible for your height, use the 2nd position from the top. I notice that the rattling is reduced significantly.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Sounds like ball bearings in a bottle. Well, it happens to most Euros and TSX. And supposedly it's the coolant cavitating.
    Really?? I dont hear to many people here commenting on the issue. Have you got any linkage to other forums with this?

It is EXACTLY as you say, like a bearing in a glass bottle, its very minor but I thought it was an issue. cheers
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!