Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i m nt sure which side its juz around that intake manifold area where the sound is at its loudest btw wats iacv?

Oh... It could be my GF aswell... she tends to whine alot

blahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    check inside ur dizzy cap. bearing could have f-d itself. if you see red dust (rust) time to get a) new bearing or b) new dizzy

how much a new alternator and a new dizzy and a new bearing??

Member Array
    IACV=Idle air control valve. It's what lets your car keep running while it idles and the throttlebody is closed.

hw do i check if its the alternator or the iacv and hw much wld cost to repair them??

Member Array
    Alt is like $75USD plus a core charge and a IACV is $175USD from Honda/Acura no core charge. Both can also be found on Ebay and Ebau.au. To test the Alt properly you need a tester that can put a load on the battery, also called a load tester, VAC40 from Snap-On if you have a lil money. The IACV should stop whining once you give the car a little gas but sometimes it just gets quieter. It has to do with the frequency it is being ran at. The AEM EMS tends to make them whine but the frequency can be changed on the EMS. I would pull the IACV and clean it with a mild detergent and blow/air dry. Might just be a little stuck, not enough to make it idle bad. Also make sure the numbers on it match as it might not be the correct one. Some fit other makes/models/years but run at a different frequency.

now you've definately confused the guy!

take it to a mechanic, thats your best bet.

i took it a mechanic b4 but he couldnt solve the problem all he do was change the timing belts but the problem persists

LOL changing the timing belt for a farked alternator. Get a new mechanic

He saw you coming a mile away

Member Array
    Ya time for a new mechanic! See a manual for how to check these systems.