Member Array

DIY Sideskirt change/Removal on DC2 Please help! ;)

Hey Guys,

Firstly i'll say that I did a search on this and there seems to be guides on how to remove/change side skirts on the earlier model Integra's but I'm after some advice for my DC2.

I recently bought some side skirts, they're the official ones Honda sells as an upgrade to the DC2R.

I have a Vti-R DC2 but im told the sideskirts should fit fine (i know the front lip and back pods won't)

So I just wanted some advice on taking off the current black plastic moulding skirt things and what I might need to attach the new side skirts.

Has anyone removed the black plastic before? is there any little tricks i should know about?

Any information would be most appreciated!

~Stabo

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Theres bolts on either end of the side skirt, and along the actual skirt itself, ie. underneath it.
    No real tips with it man, jst simply unscrew the existing bolts, fit the new side skirt on, and use the existing bolts, to secure the new side skirt onto the car.
    Repeat for the other side as well.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    cool

Is it necessary to take the wheels off u think?

Cheers for the info!

No.
    Take off each small bolt underneath as mentioned ( either small phillips head screwdriver should be fine due to limited space underneath) and once all are out , slide the sideskirt to the front of the car and it will " unhinge".

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Yeh, phillips head will do you.
    Dont need to take the tyres off, tho it would make things a bit easier imo.
    I had fat 18s on my car so it was a lil bit difficult accessin the bolts on the rear tyre end of the skirts.
    With the fronts, you can jst turn the steerin wheel to give you more clearance.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    EG hatch VTI
    Hey all
    Sorry to hijack thread but i tried to take these off today and the screws under the car just keep spinning and do not come loose?
    Any techniques to get the f%#kers off??

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    i was doing this yesterday....when you unscrew them dont put pressure on the screw heads.....rather just place the phillips head in and gently unscrew without putting downward pressure onto the screw....this worked for me.

thee are 5 or 6 screw under the sideskirt few on the front wheel arch and that was it for me.

once they are all out hit/push/slie the skirt towards the front of the car and then it should fall straight down.

when putting it back on all you have to do is make sure all the existing clips are straight, then attach the skirt more towards the front of the car and slide if backwards onto the clip and it should clip in. then just do up all the screws again. GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7
    i was doing this yesterday....when you unscrew them dont put pressure on the screw heads.....rather just place the phillips head in and gently unscrew without putting downward pressure onto the screw....this worked for me.
    Thats the ticket They are plastic screws , and need only movement to "turn" them out of the hole. Be very light on them and they should slowly slide out
    If you push against them like normla screws , the screw pops back into the plastic holder and it keeps on happening. Be gentle la