Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coilovers, Buddy Club N+ spec Vs Tein SS

A friend has an MY06 STi
    And wants to get coilovers
    He wants them for lowered looks but also for handling.
    Just wondering which ones are better, Buddy Club N+ spec or the Tein SS?

Or any other coilovers around the 2K mark? Cusco?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    most reputable coilover brands would want atleast $1500-$2000 for entry level coilovers.
    the list goes on for coilover brands in that range.
    why doesnt your mate log onto the suburau forums and see what them boyz are running for suspensions.
    also depends on what application your friend wants the coilovers for.
    these two brand you mention are entry level, for most these are usually sufficient enough.
    but then again if your hardcore thats another story,
    Last edited by kayot1k; 17-07-2006 at 01:00 AM.

Both are very similar. Depends on the price. Around 2K mark, you may choose many brands of coilovers. I will choose the brand which specialize on coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    buddy club shits all over the tein SS's... with the buddy clubs you can go low and have the same spring rate = good handling...

where as the tein... lower you go, the more the spring gets compressed and your handling is crap... you'll bounce all over the shop!

if you wanted tein... go for something higher
    FFamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 ITR
    i think the buddyclub n+ are hard upper mount, where as the tein ss are no uppermounts and also the height adjustments are on the spring only for the teins and the buddyclubs are from the spring and the bottom of the shock where it conects to the control arm.

in my opinion i think the n+ is the better by far

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    And the buddyclub wins!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Ya BC are the go.. from what I can see

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    to be honest u kinda gta compare tein flex and BC n+.. and even then i reckon BC is the better..

imo tho.. the springrates of the n+ suited to my driving better and the streets i was in.. (tein flex was too hard for my own street.. and my gf haaha)

edit: oh and to be clear.. its not my car that has the bc.. although thats wat i plan on puttin on it.. lol

I am using Tein Flex on my dc5r. It can lower a lot and improve a lot from handling. I love Tein coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    Tein SS have served me very well so far. Vastly improved handling with a very good ride comfort. Remember your not going to to be a "hard core" racer every day on the street. And you are going to do things other then race around corners all day everyday. Do you really want to bounce around on hard as hell coilovers all day for the marginal increase in street situations or a decent ride with well above par handling ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    R
    His choice in coilovers really depends on his application.

In regards to the Tein Superstreets, in order to adjust the height for the looks which is what your mate wants, you'd be looking at compressing the spring which in turn changes its springrate. i.e., the lower your mate wants the car, the higher the spring rate, the stiffer/uncomfortable his ride will be.

If your mate is looking at getting a set of Teins, I would recommend Tein Flex, as they have a spring independent height adjustment. This means, he can lower his car without having to change the spring rate, hence keeping the comfortness.

Another thing to look at for comfort, is not only the spring rates, but also how well the shock absorbers are on the coilover.

I've actually found the Tein dampers to be quite harsh. So even though they may have lower spring rates, they may not necessarily be more comfortable on the street.

Brands with good dampers would include zeals, hks even..

Other coilovers to consider would be zeals function B6 or even the HKS Performers if they are available for your mates car.

But if you're mate is set on getting either the buddy clubs or teins ss, I'd suggest the buddy clubs purely because you wont need to adjust the springs when adjusting the height of the car.

I don't understand why the springs would get stiffer the lower you go?
    I have Tein SS and by looking at them I don't see going lower getting stiffer?

He doesn't know much about cars and I am trying to help him make the best decision