Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the thread initiator specifically mentioned on the first post that his friend is looking to upgrade suspension for something that will lower d car & at the same time handling is just secondary.

The purpose of this topic is to basically compare BC N+ vs TEIN SS and not to compare to OEM SUSSY. Fair enuff there are other better performing coilovers/suspension available out there - but bear in mind tha the budget is only around $2G's where choices r limited to BCN+, TEIN SS, D2, GForce, HSD

PS
    Im not a suspension / handling genius either

Ok I got my Tein S/S few weeks ago, they are on DC2R and I can tell you that I'm very happy, I looked around and at the end went for S/S mainly because they offer the most complete package (warranty, price ect) plus they are made for oz roads, I can't say that they are better or worst than BC N+ but I can tell you that they are worth the money.
    I got mine for $1910 installed (with all the warrantys and so on) with wheel aligment, plus free suspension addustments any time I want. The only cheaper sets I could get were D2, K-sport, G4, but for few hundred dollars I think it's better to get something that's proven.

the reality is, choosing suspension is dependent on each individual specific requirments, needs & purpose and that's of course on top of the COST. Some people are happy to buy just any brand as long as they are coilovers and some people go extra miles choosing something more than just Height Adjust / Damper Adjust.
    Anything you buy that makes you happy is worth the money. Who cares if its just D2, GForce, HSD, K-Sport, TEIN or BC etc. It's your personal satisfaction that matters d most

To clear things up
    He is looking at lowering the car but it does have to offer a noticable improvement in handling

Like HRD2BQT said though the budget is not 4K but rather around the 2K mark.

Unfortunately his car got keyed the other weekend and he is now uncertain when he'll get the coilovers

Does anyone know the spring rates for stock 06 STi and the Buddy Club and Tein spring rates?