Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3

Eastern Creek Raceway

hey guys, i did a quick search and didnt find nothing on this topic

so here goes...
    i was just wondering if anyones taken their N/A hondas out for a track day at eastern creek raceway before? what sort of times did u get? what sort of speeds did u reach down the straight?

the reason i ask this is because im interested in going there for a track day but someone told me might not be a good idea for a n/a (daily driven b16a) car because its a high speed track, which would put strain on ur car in order to get up to those speeds and get any sort of decent time....also i was worried bout slowing the "higher" powered cars down too much seeing as the track is a fast one. also i was told there not much run off incase u come off the track...anybody had any problems with this? accidents?

ive been to wakefield a couple of times and i love it, but eastern creek is a lot closer to home (8-10 minutes drive from my place) lol....so i wanna try it out

the way i see it is that the track day im looking at is $225, wakefield is cheaper but i also waste a whole tank there and back (thats $60) so it ends up being almost the same price

anyways any opinions/comments welcome

thanks
    Team West Yo!!

www.circuitclub.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    hey alex oran park is cheaper. i while back i wanted to organise a track day but now one was interested.
    you pay $165 and there is activities included as well a drive along with a race car driver.
    i suppose it would be cheaper if you didnt want to have the activities.
    its a much larger track than wakefield.
    sorry to high jack this thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R/DC5R
    alex...i think a car like urs, anything under the 2 mins bracket is a good time.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    eastern creek really isnt going to put any more strain on your car any more than wakefield.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Isn't Eastern Creek a high speed track and requires CAM licensing?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

yes... eastern creek is a high speed track... i think they do require CAM license but not 100% sure on that...

i wanted to go eastern creek... but its "dangerous" for me... cos there are walls... whereas wakies much safer... but i would like to give eastern creek a go...when my driving improve... and when i get more track experience...
    http://www.kingtan.com.au

wakefield park
    Old Surface: 1:12.9

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    hey shaun i was thinkin bout going to the circuit club one which i think is in august, afaik u didnt need a CAMS license for that day, just purchase one on the day

but yeh, the walls are scaring me off
    Team West Yo!!

www.circuitclub.com.au

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    eastern creek will be at higher speed.

180+ down the straight and going 160+ around the first kink.

scary stuff

yeah... i heard there are ppl that actually crash going down the straight too fast... scary... the wall is the main reason why i havent been to EC yet... but would be good to experience and spectate... am thinking of going down there to spectate...
    http://www.kingtan.com.au

wakefield park
    Old Surface: 1:12.9

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    I won a V8 Supercar Experience from work and drove a v8 around eastern creek its quite a nice smooth high-speed track...

would be quite good to take your own car around the track...+180 down the straight then into a hairpin its hektik !

Member Array
    Car:
    Swift ZC31s
    In order to drive at Eastern Creek Raceway on practice days, you'll need a CAMS L2S licence. In order to get this licence, you need to join a CAMS affliated car club. I recommend the Honda Car Club of NSW. Check out their website and go to one of their meetings:

http://www.hccnsw.org.au

I drive my stock standard Honda Civic Vtir in Eastern Creek on practice days and competition. On semi-slick tyres, a well-driven standard Civic Vtir will do 2:00 to 2:02. The Civic is capable of 1:59, though.

Let me just say, there are slower cars out on Eastern Creek, even though they have 150 to 200kw.