Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will
    If you have anything further to say, keep it to pm, nobody wants to read more of your shit.
    Sorry mate but my "shit" is more useful than your "shit" so whos the ignorant one? In the future keep your "useful" comments out of the accord forum and not post smart ass comments that have don't help anyone out - is that so much to ask? We dont need comments like your first and second ones, no matter how ignorant or non observant some members are. No point replying to this cause your comment won't be useful, only post if your going to help someone out....mkay?

Xplodin, its just these "noob" bashers de-mean the notion of a "community". Everyone's here to help, if there from another forum and post shit that makes people feel unwelcome and doesn't help them out then they deserved to be told, enough said.

itchyrichie69
    Once you take the screw out of the door handle, pretty much theres a metal wire that is connecting the door to the door handle. It places itself inside a small hole thats inside the door handle which in-turn when pulled opens the door. All you have to do is lift the door handle up or down till it comes out, easy stuff.
    After that if you want to take off the whole trim take out the second screw in the control console (console with all mirror, window buttons), and pull that out (disconnecting the wires) and then theres a plug in the top right hand corner, pop that out, after that theres a part behind the mirror which you can lodge out (the black piece) and after that pull the trim up carefully without breaking any of the plugs that are on the other side (if you need pictures ill be glad to take them for you).

cheers man, pictures would be a massive help...that would be much appreciated..

dude the accord (well a cd5 anyways) will easily fit type r's with a spacer, but you DO need the spacer. You will also find that the standard 6" inch speakers sit in this plastic cradle kinda thing. You will need to remove that.

I can get you some pics later if you still need them.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico
    Sorry mate but my "shit" is more useful than your "shit" so whos the ignorant one? In the future keep your "useful" comments out of the accord forum and not post smart ass comments that have don't help anyone out - is that so much to ask? We dont need comments like your first and second ones, no matter how ignorant or non observant some members are. No point replying to this cause your comment won't be useful, only post if your going to help someone out....mkay?

if people didnt get harsh replies for posting stupid questions that they could easily find the answers to with a bit of RESEARCH, then this forum would become even more stupid than it already is.

you remain the ignorant one. it is obvious that you have failed to understand the points i made

it is obvious that you have failed to understand the points i made
    I dont get them either. Care to enlighten?

Its not like it was a trick question, it was a simple one to answer rather than being a shitstirring smartass.

Why should he need to do a search when he could have had an answer in one post and 2 minutes.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    if people didnt get harsh replies for posting stupid questions that they could easily find the answers to with a bit of RESEARCH, then this forum would become even more stupid than it already is.

you remain the ignorant one. it is obvious that you have failed to understand the points i made
    Don't worry about it Mr Will. It appears you don't quite like noobs (looking at your signature!). Everyone was a noob at some stage!

I, for one, don't want the accord forum to be an intimidating place. If a new person has a legitimate question they should ask away. Of course I would prefer everyone search before they ask a question - but sometimes it takes a post or two before a newcomer knows that is how things work here.

Not all threads in the accord forum are (or should be) highly technical questions just to suit people who have lots of experience with cars, like yourself. If that means ozhonda is 'dumbed down' to suit everyone - that is the price we pay.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    ^ look you can post as many aggressive replies to as many noob questions but in the end theres always gonna be idiots, noobs or people who don't search, either deal with it or move on ok? call me ignorant but im here to help people not tell them off

itchyrichie69

1. is the first screw to undo, once thats off you can pull out the door handle.
    as you can see from the second pic theres a bit attached to the door with a wire.
    2. pull it out/pop it up, how ever you like, it comes out easy, once thats done move onto the other things like the screw in the control console.
    3. is the plug you pop out, easy said.
    4. pop out this black peice, its kinda hard at first (dont break the clips) just like slide and pop it out or however you feel it.
    after that theres plugs on the inside, if you move the trim off easily they should all come out perfectly, i broke a couple of mine the first time and their expensive to replace so try do it the best the first time.

[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3435/pic123123123131312312313mo5.th.jpg]

its not that clear but you should be able to do it yourself.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    nice work Rico

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    you can actually fit a 7" speaker in the stock location with a small spacer and no cutting, the only issue in your case is the depth of the speaker.

Cant remember off hand what the exact depth of the Type-R's is

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    Rico - that's not your car in the pictures is it? I assume the image came off of a US forum?

I've never seen the lock bit - that's where the electric window switch is. Do the americans have manual windows in the lower base models?

Raz

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    I took these pics of my car man, theres usually a piece that goes over that "lock" piece (lost it), dunno never used it before as there was no switch in it :S

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    Sweet, just had a look at mine - popped the cover off and it's just blank.

I had a momentary loss of memory as the electric window is of course on the armrest on the drivers door!

Raz