Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

94 Accord - Front Speaker Size

hey

i have driven a honda accord 94 for a while now and recently decided to change the speakers at the front.....my question is does any1 know how many inches it is.

i was thinking of buying type R splits...would this fit straight in or is there adjustments that need to be made??

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    do you not own a ruler?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    ^man hes asking for help, gay keint comments like that are what makes ozhonda a shitty place so next time dont bother posting, that and its easier to ask for help before taking your car apart and risking breaking something just to check the size and then have to put it back on, feel me?

Bro not sure what size type R splits are, but I'm 99% sure the stock CD5 front speakers are 6" as I replaced mine with 6"pioneer speakers and they fit in perfectly. Any bigger and you'll be having problems with the window glass.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico
    ^man hes asking for help, gay keint comments like that are what makes ozhonda a shitty place so next time dont bother posting, that and its easier to ask for help before taking your car apart and risking breaking something just to check the size and then have to put it back on, feel me?
    a) the service manual is not hard to come by, and would contain all this information

b) if he is going to break if by pulling the cover off, he obviously wouldnt be able to replace it himself anyway, you are obviously extremely ignorant

c) if you think that just because people get flamed for not searching first, that it constitutes it being a "gay kient" comment then you have serious issues with reality.

d) the fact is that ozhonda is plagued by people who come here and dont bother to search first. they need to realise that we are happy to help (as you would see from my rep, if you'd bothered to look), but they expect that you make the effort to find out yourself first.

If you have anything further to say, keep it to pm, nobody wants to read more of your shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    a)where u can find the pages which tell us something about the speakers? Take my manual and find me that page.
    b)we need to take the whole door trim in order to see the speakers. Not just the cover like the old Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will
    a) the service manual is not hard to come by, and would contain all this information

b) if he is going to break if by pulling the cover off, he obviously wouldnt be able to replace it himself anyway, you are obviously extremely ignorant

c) if you think that just because people get flamed for not searching first, that it constitutes it being a "gay kient" comment then you have serious issues with reality.

d) the fact is that ozhonda is plagued by people who come here and dont bother to search first. they need to realise that we are happy to help (as you would see from my rep, if you'd bothered to look), but they expect that you make the effort to find out yourself first.

If you have anything further to say, keep it to pm, nobody wants to read more of your shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    lol
    a)where u can find the pages which tell us something about the speakers? Take my manual and find me that page.
    b)we need to take the whole door trim in order to see the speakers. Not just the cover like the old Honda.

a) i was referring to the service manual. i dont need to find the page to prove it, its just silly to think it isnt there.

b) like i said, if you cant confidently get the door off, you shouldnt be attempting to replace the speakers in the first place.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    my mate just replaced speakers ... i ll ask him wat size and get back to u ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    You cant just replace the stock speakers with the same diameter speakers since all speakers are different, i.e. they have larger frames, the magnet protrudes out the back further.

Without any mods, you should be able to get 5.25" speakers in there. If you choose 6.5", test them before purchasing them to make sure they fit in the hole and dont hit the window.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    pls make sure you put a subject in the thread heading in the future (ie not - "i have a question")- it helps people who just browse the index for items to read.

I have altered the thread subject
    Last edited by yfin; 19-07-2006 at 01:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Ok guys Settle down its not a war of words on here. MrWillz U prolly caught Rico on a bad day. And Rico, i know ur a cool dude so just chill, I'll agree with ur first comment, but he was prolly being a smart arse.... who knows.

Back to the topic....

Toe nee, its 6" but the mounting depth of the speaker has to be a shallow speaker. Not to sure the depth, cos any larger it will hit ur Glass window. Not to mention the Brackets that comes with the car. Just get some spacers. Let us know how u go about it.

I'll take pictures of mine when i get round to it taking my door off again to adjust the speaker unit.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    they are 6", the trim is pretty easy to get off. one screw behind the crome door handle and another in the arm rest.

most likely you will have to cut the back of the oem speaker cradle off with a hacksaw.

i did mine a few years ago. 1st mod ever to my car.

im trying to do a similar thing atm too. how do u get the door trim off. H22a accord said something about a screw behind the door handel ...how do u get the part with the door handle off once the screw is removed? my car is a 95 accord is there much difference? ?