Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    its gotta be VTiR, better set up all round. i own a 4th gen..... and when you get bored of just vtec read my sig and that should drop you a hint as to what to do next 8)

good luck with it!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    another blonde question here....

since they dont make them anymore...wouldnt parts for the car cost u an arm and leg?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedGurl
    another blonde question here....

since they dont make them anymore...wouldnt parts for the car cost u an arm and leg?
    I am the other 5th Gen God (whatever) in here

I also work at a Wrecker - Concord Spares Parts Plus. And parts are relatively cheap, except for the auto gearboxes and engines... not cheap to replace at about $3300 each to replace....

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook

I am the other 5th Gen God (whatever) in here

I also work at a Wrecker - Concord Spares Parts Plus. And parts are relatively cheap, except for the auto gearboxes and engines... not cheap to replace at about $3300 each to replace....
    should i bow down and offer u fruit and incense? 5th gen god :twisted: [jks]

well, the prelude in getting is auto-tipronic (something like that)...as for the engine. i havent been to then 'runs' for mnths now, and im a good gurl. so hopefully it wont blow up on me.

im jus worried about prangs.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTiR
    Mine is the Semi Auto as well. Very fun to drive imo. Sure if you can drive manual, id go for the manual, but if not...then the tiptronic is not too shabby

www.carsales.com.au is your friend

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    Mine is the Semi Auto as well. Very fun to drive imo. Sure if you can drive manual, id go for the manual, but if not...then the tiptronic is not too shabby

www.carsales.com.au is your friend
    ive read that the semi auto had transmission problems. can u clarify this?

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTiR
    ok now, well you must have been reading US forums then

IMO, they make WAY TO MUCH of a big deal out of it....I have not heard of any transmissions breaking down here in Australia. You would need to be driving it VERY VERY hard also imo to break it.

I drive my lude in SS mode all the time. Ive got to the stage where I only use Auto when need both hands on wheel or something.....Also, ludes made after 98 were given a 10 year warranty on the transmission, but again, I think its only in the USA....

Oh and while not overly important, 99-01 onwards ludes have 5hp more than 97-98 models :nod: Its due to finetuning the header or something

CSI time, back at 9:30

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    ok now, well you must have been reading US forums then

IMO, they make WAY TO MUCH of a big deal out of it....I have not heard of any transmissions breaking down here in Australia. You would need to be driving it VERY VERY hard also imo to break it.

I drive my lude in SS mode all the time. Ive got to the stage where I only use Auto when need both hands on wheel or something.....Also, ludes made after 98 were given a 10 year warranty on the transmission, but again, I think its only in the USA....

Oh and while not overly important, 99-01 onwards ludes have 5hp more than 97-98 models :nod: Its due to finetuning the header or something

CSI time, back at 9:30
    yeah..i was reading US reviews. couldnt find any Oz reviews. thats y i asked my fwend about any honda forums in Oz.

extra 5hp? kewl

also, wat mods can u do to a prelude? besides the basic exhaust set up.

8) CSI ROCKS!!!!! ...rorted..old episodes..still good

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTiR
    Most mods can be done, just comes down to how much cash you want to spend. I have done i/h/e mods and will be putting some AEM pulleys on within the month along with a VAFC tune

McChook and others will be able to explain some mods better than me he is more cluey than me at that side of things

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    The auto box is almost unrebuildable, and a replacement will cost $3300, so treat it like gold

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    The auto box is almost unrebuildable, and a replacement will cost $3300, so treat it like gold
    so can u give me any hints on wat not to do?

coz ive kinda broken a gear box box already in the subie. but they were meant to break [thats my excuse :| ]

A subaru gearbox is very different to a Honda gearbox!
    For 1
    The subaru box is made to break in all honeslty, they are the worst built things in the world, thats why people buy dog box's for them!