Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro

Excessive Tyre Noise - Help

Hi.

I have just purchased a 2003 Honda Accord Euro. It has been lowered about 2 inches and sitting on 19's. The tyre noise is so loud its not funny. Would it just be just the shitty tyres or would standard suspension have something to do with it also. It also does not have a camber kit so the rear wheels have a fair bit of camber on them.

Any suggestions?

Could be the tyres. What brand of tyres are they? What pressure are they set at?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Ummm, Nangkang or something. Tyre pressure, to be honest i have no idea, could that have something to do with it???

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    most probably tyres, i've had tyres that go so loud that it makes it hard to even have a convo with other people at 80km/h +

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Low profile tyres tend to have harsher and a more noisy ride...

Also, the tyres if the compound is harder, it's going to add to the noise too.. And being Nankang, they have harder compound but wear rate is good...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

or if u want a quick fix, which i did on my mates old civic is to just grab some body deadener (in a can from autobahn or supercheap) and spray it in ur wheel archs. Its only $8 a can but it worked on the car (to a certain extent), but it was just a quick fix cause we were bored.
    Vtec lawnmower?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ^ good idea
    i duno the otions of 19' tyres, will a bigger profile (if possible)help reduce noise?
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

I don't think it would be the suspension
    I have heard that the higher the car, the louder it is inside (because sound waves bounce off etc etc)
    Though at the same time the closer you are to the ground, the closer you are to the noise?

I thought though a Euro should be well insulated enough not to cause tyre noise?

its the 19inch wheels its always going to to be loud with 19s with low profile tyres expecially harder compund ones.
    Vtec lawnmower?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    I have been given 2 different opinions.

1. That due to the camber it is hacking at the inside of the rear tyres which is making the noise. Hence i need to get the camber fixed and buy new tyres.

2. That 1 or 2 wheel bearings are shot, and this is what is causing the noise.

Anyone had any experience with either problem?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    It's the tires, It's actually the noise of the camber & if you check the inside of the tyre, there will be swelling, it's just the nature of the beast when you run 19 tires & Camber.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    Have you done a wheel alignment?